Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NASA Nationals AI/AIX/CMC Entries

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    I don't ever want to know the feeling he had when he realized he had no brakes. James?

Jerry
    Not fun.. you kind of very quickly go through some how to not hit anything scenarios.. in my case I chose wrong. I wished I had hooked it right instead of trying to hook it left and I think I might have avoided the tire wall at MSRH. I think the tendency is to try to make it on around the corner and maybe the better place is to bail out the opposite direction.

The second failure wasn't as scary, since I had felt something wrong before it went wrong and I knew where to bail from Michael's video of Hallett.

If we are talking about how the Nationals should go... something this should be the target. Some the hardest and cleanest racing I have seen. All be it minus 2 wheels.

https://youtu.be/qQtjdIzLbZ4

How do those guys fit their balls in their suits?

I finally got cleared (again) by NASA medical to race. As of yesterday my car is finally running (it hasn't been run in anger since COTA 2017). I might actually make Nationals!

That's going to be a Hell of a standing start. My starts suck! Pretty sure I go backwards, so this time I'm going to try using 1st instead of "R"ace and see if I can have a decent start.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smitty328 View Post
    I finally got cleared (again) by NASA medical to race. As of yesterday my car is finally running (it hasn't been run in anger since COTA 2017). I might actually make Nationals!

That's going to be a Hell of a standing start. My starts suck! Pretty sure I go backwards, so this time I'm going to try using 1st instead of "R"ace and see if I can have a decent start.
    Don't you fly airplanes??????

How will you get your 5 required races to qualify for Nationals? Hope to see you there, the more the merrier.

Just play the first need for speed game...... same thing.....

Quote Originally Posted by BADVENM View Post
    How will you get your 5 required races to qualify for Nationals? Hope to see you there, the more the merrier.
    At Cresson, AI and ST, 5 races and never made more than 1 lap each race. Nice way to waste a weekend, but I did get to drink lots of beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    Don't you fly airplanes??????

Yep and I have to get an EKG every 6 months for the FAA and they say I'm fine. I think NASA maybe takes their initials too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by smitty328 View Post
    Yep and I have to get an EKG every 6 months for the FAA and they say I'm fine. I think NASA maybe takes their initials too seriously.
    Probably, but.... no Co-pilot in the race car.