Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nationals - AICMC shindig

Senior Member Rookie
    Ok so what do I need to bring besides money and beer?

I too am wondering what I can bring that is easy to transport to the event (chips, paper plates, forks, knives, spoons, cups, buns, money, etc)?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Here's the good news.. we'll have a couple smokers and pellets. Other good news is we're literally in Austin so we can get stuff.

Money and beer always work. If we have chips/dips it gets eaten. If we have plates/plasticware (especially if you don't mind donating or taking home) we find a way to use it.

Al was looking for a margarita machine.

At this point OIF plans to roll up Wednesday probably and hope the "family" can save us some space in Lot A. I want to believe it will all be friendly and "hey I have a couple buddies coming..." but I'm really not that optimistic. We've talked about dropping the trailer off Tuesday so who knows.

Who else is in?
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    I'm in. Guess we are eating after the 6:00 meeting? I'll get some sides to bring and potentially cookies for the cooks only and some cash for the meat. Should have a table and maybe a canopy.

Yes, I'm hoping someone can save a spot for my truck/trailer/car so that I can arrive sometime Thursday afternoon and don't have to park in another lot. Hopefully Will has it squared away to put all of AI/CMC together. Good to have some with open trailers setup and park their cars next to my trailer/truck like other events. Please surround my car with mustangs of course.

I heard Craig is already parked in line at the track and has paint like a soccer referee to lay out a parking plan with car numbers!
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    I'm in. Guess we are eating after the 6:00 meeting? I'll get some sides to bring and potentially cookies for the cooks only and some cash for the meat. Should have a table and maybe a canopy.

Yes, I'm hoping someone can save a spot for my truck/trailer/car so that I can arrive sometime Thursday afternoon and don't have to park in another lot. Hopefully Will has it squared away to put all of AI/CMC together. Good to have some with open trailers setup and park their cars next to my trailer/truck like other events. Please surround my car with mustangs of course.

I heard Craig is already parked in line at the track and has paint like a soccer referee to lay out a parking plan with car numbers!
    Open trailers are not aloud in lot A.

JJ

Blog Entries
    Super tentative, but I want to back out of my 3pm Thursday dyno slot.

I've asked the guys in charge to see if I can transfer it to another Dyno Group A car without losing the $$$.

Anyone interested?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    Open trailers are not aloud in lot A.

JJ
    What I meant was guys with open trailers could park with me. Like the 55 car next to the 24. You will have your car there, your trailer in another lot, and RV in the park. Maybe you will be able to get out of there before midnight.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    I'm in. Guess we are eating after the 6:00 meeting?
    That's the plan... I guess I should go find a schedule. I've talked to several folks today and there is some belief that we'll be ok on room. OIF is rolling up Wednesday morning and will work to help create the AI/CMC block.

We're hopeful we can do some generator management to minimize how many we need to run overall for sleeping AC.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

I'm in for pitching in money. I'm leaving too early to stock up on groceries now.

I have an early arrival pass that I don't need. Does anyone need it tomorrow?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What I meant was guys with open trailers could park with me. Like the 55 car next to the 24. You will have your car there, your trailer in another lot, and RV in the park. Maybe you will be able to get out of there before midnight.
    I just need a spot for the car and my tools. I'm going to have a 10 X 10 easy-up. If I read it correctly Wed. after 4 or 6 (I need to look again) is as early as us non extra payers are concerned.

JJ