Thanks Bob-looking forward to hanging out with you and glad you are coming down (I still drive my dmax sub)

So you are saying that my stock LS air filter setup is illegal on my 1998 LS1 Camaro? And removing a headlight so that there is a clear path for air directly to an aftermarket air intake that resides in the engine compartment is legal?

Obviously I disagree that even the modified underside is creating a ram air since there is nothing that is sealed catching air and bringing it into a sealed enclosure that is ramming air into it. This is the way it has been explained to me by directors as to why removing the headlight isn't a ram air and it's only a cold air intake because there isn't a "duct" catching air from somewhere that then feeds a sealed ram air filter setup.

My understanding about the wording of the rule about not allowed, even if they were OEM stock has to do with the factory Ram Air setup that was an option and had to be plugged if you had that oem ram air on your car.

Here is an example of something that the directors dealt with when allowing the 98-02 LS car into the series that they didn't want allowed. http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...cars-with-a-c/