Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Congrats to Kevin Jander!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Hard to come in with the #1 ranking and leave with the check. Well Done! Same to Curtis and Sook, and Patterson for being on the podium, too.

Looking forward to a video and commentary thread next week.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

I am always proud of our crew of drivers and teams after a weekend. This weekend in particular was a great showing for the CMC group. It is always good to see the groups from outside of TX have a similar approach to this wonderful class.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    OIF had a great time - congrats to everyone. Great job by the show ponies, and as usual, good racing up and down the field.

Now, where are the stories and videos?
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

No stories to tell from Team Incidental Contact. I did look around at the other Mustangs in CMC checking out their rear suspension setups getting ideas on possible changes for ours. We removed our rear sway bar (no panhard bar either) several years ago and have had pretty good success competitively at the regional level. Compared to the others our ride height isnt as low as the rules allow. I'm curious what the Mustangs at Nationals are running for front and rear spring rates. We're running the H&R super race springs (white color) with the bigger front sway bar and nothing in the rear. Tokico shocks. My goal for this off season is to focus on improving our cars handling.

My teammate will get some videos posted...eventually.

I will say it was fun watching the front runners checking their phones every minute for Saturdays qualifying race wondering whether to keep their rain tires on or switch to RRs. I was already toward the back and had nothing to lose by staying on rains but could gain a lot of positions if rain moved in. The guys made the right call switching to RRs about 30 minutes before the race.
    Last edited by BADVENM; 09-20-2018 at 11:45 AM.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by BADVENM View Post
    No stories to tell from Team Incidental Contact. I did look around at the other Mustangs in CMC checking out their rear suspension setups getting ideas on possible changes for ours. We removed our rear sway bar (no panhard bar either) several years ago and have had pretty good success competitively at the regional level. Compared to the others our ride height isnt as low as the rules allow. I'm curious what the Mustangs at Nationals are running for front and rear spring rates. We're running the H&R super race springs (white color) with the bigger front sway bar and nothing in the rear. My goal for this off season is to focus on improving our cars handling.

My teammate will get some videos posted...eventually.

I will say it was fun watching the front runners checking their phones every minute for Saturdays qualifying race wondering whether to keep their rain tires on or switch to RRs. I was already toward the back and had nothing to lose by staying on rains but could gain a lot of positions if rain moved in. The guys made the right call switching to RRs about 30 minutes before the race.
    I run the H&R race springs up front and the H&R super sport springs for the 94-95 in the rear. The front race springs are softer than the super race and the super sport rears are stiffer than the super race. I don't use any spacers or spring isolators front or rear. I do have a PHB. I have stock 96 gt front and rear sways. MM extreme HD adjustable lower control arms on the rear. Bilstein HD shocks/struts. Stock upper control arms and bushings.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Jay and I have ran the H&R Super Sports and prior to Hallett we changed to H&R Super Race. The Super Race are stiffer but the car is very neutral. Stock rear upper control arms no panhard bar. I know Sook runs a very stiff set-up.

JJ

Congrats Kevin! Nicely done!

Costas
    cars and such...

One handed opposite lock through one and multiple over under moves on Derek...Kevin you're an animal and very much deserve this win. Congratulations.

Derek and Brian Curtis did awesome to come up from the back in the final and the qual race respectively. And how about the Mostys swapping an engine Thursday night? wow
    Al Fernandez

Here is our video from the championship race. My teammate was telling me we hit 129 mph on the back straight (a new top speed record for us), what were you guys getting?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjI4ltLtU7o
    Last edited by BADVENM; 09-24-2018 at 01:00 PM.