Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eagle's Canyon Raceway

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sook View Post
    Hm... what's the incubation (I think the technical term is 'parenting') period before they can take tire temps?

- Josh
    Ah Grasshopper, tire temps will be the least of your worries at this time in your life. So much to learn and so little time.

JJ

Senior Member Rookie
    Here is one at speed. I might go by this weekend to see if I can catch a ride as the car is down for a bit. I can not wait till next year.

https://youtu.be/qNGS_Piy8_s
    Mike
    No more race car

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by centerville View Post
    I might go by this weekend to see if I can catch a ride as the car is down for a bit.
    As a heads up, there is a potential "issue" with the current track configuration where a Miata rolled last week. Because of this, there will be no non-entrant passengers allowed at the Driver's Edge event this weekend. You are certainly welcome to come hang out with Josh and I but no ride...

Richard P.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
    As a heads up, there is a potential "issue" with the current track configuration where a Miata rolled last week.
    Richard P.
    That sounds bad. What happened?
    --
    ------__o
    -----_\ <,_
    ----(_)/ (_)
    Laissez les bons temps rouler

Quote Originally Posted by 39PitCrew View Post
    That sounds bad. What happened?
    No one went into details over the weekend, but apparently there have been several wrecks on the new track related to the cross over. We didn't have any issues with it over the weekend. The organizers did add some guide cones as the cross over is very high speed and quite blind.

- Josh
    CMC #50

Good weekend at the track, the new asphalt is very smooth. The configuration for the weekend was a 1.65 mile short course that we ran CCW. According to the general manager of the track, they will have a total of 6 configurations (2 short courses, big course, each CW/CCW).

We were able to chat with the owners for a while and walk the partially paved big track. It looks like it's going to be excellent. They're putting a whole bunch of time and money into redoing the track, hopefully properly. I was surprised to hear that they're using different techniques than COTA, which has had it's own issues with the ground moving.

- Josh
    CMC #50

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    The Driver's Edge is doing the recently completed reconfigured Eagle's Canyon big track this weekend. I'll be out there in my car with a new look and a few more ponies under the hood. Josh will probably be there. Come on out and say "Hi" and check out the new track if you're in the area. Eagle's isn't on next year's schedule yet but it's a good assumption that it is one of the TBDs. I think there are a few spots open if you want to do a little cheatin' bastard practice...

Richard P.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RichardP; 11-20-2019 at 09:41 AM.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
    The Driver's Edge is doing the recently completed reconfigured Eagle's Canyon big track this weekend. I'll be out there in my car with a new look and a few more ponies under the hood. Josh will probably be there. Come on out and say "Hi" and check out the new track if you're in the area. Eagle's isn't on next year's schedule yet but it's a good assumption that it is one of the TBDs. I think there are a few spots open if you want to do a little cheatin' bastard practice...

Richard P.
    Looks awesome! Wish my turbo Miata was ready for track time I'd love to hoon it with ya'll this weekend.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wish I had my car back together. So much to do, so little time.

JJ

Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    Looks awesome! Wish my turbo Miata was ready for track time I'd love to hoon it with ya'll this weekend.
    bring out the SM, I'll have the 02 miata with dismal compression!
    CMC #50