Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: '18 Spec Miata Cahmpionship

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Yeah maybe .13 hp. Maybe they had larger ball bearings? I did read that guys long post last night and it was interesting. You can reman or get reman axles but there isn't a spec on what can be done. Would love to know if it was an actual witch hunt and what the SM communities opinion is of all of this. If I remember even the winner had a DQ for the axles. Good point was asking did the subsequent winner get his axles checked and the same teardown?

Does anyone know why they even send the Miata's to the dyno? I thought it was basically an unlimited class as far as power and why they spend so much on drivetrain.

Guess a little different tech than dealing with quarter glass windows.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    Danny (official winner) put his tub in the trailer with a forklift. Sooo yah he got scrutinized too. But here is SCCA’s response since the runoffs are a couple weeks out.

https://dk1xgl0d43mu1.cloudfront.net...pdf?1538744727
    “A man with no enemies is a man with no character.”
    ― Paul Newman

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Now the tinkering begins in earnest...
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Suck fumes View Post
    Danny (official winner) put his tub in the trailer with a forklift. Sooo yah he got scrutinized too. But here is SCCA’s response since the runoffs are a couple weeks out.

Good, I’ve got uhhh xfactor axles in my car, guess I can run scca next year if it sticks.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Suck fumes View Post

I've never thought I'd ever give the SCCA praise over doing something better than NASA, but wow, in a few short sentences they just called NASA out on their BS:

Given recent events, the SCCA CRB makes the following change to the GCR effective
    immediately for the remainder of the 2018 Spec Miata season. The CRB acknowledges that
    Spec Miata OEM, re-manufactured or rebuilt axles do not have a published specification nor
    are the axles a serviceable item. As a follow-up the CRB has asked the SMAC to provide a
    recommendation for 2019 for Spec Miata axles.
    Add to section 9.1.7.C.2
    “i. The half-shaft CV Joints shall be an OEM or OEM equivalent part. The internal cage and
    bearing dimensions are unrestricted. This rule is effective until 12/31/18.”

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Who in their right mind would cross over to SM in hopes of landing a podium at Nats? Oh wait. . .

Winching a lifeless car onto the trailer twice was more than enough for me, I can't imagine forklifting the damn thing in. Then you have the devil's own chore of getting it out back home. I think I'll stay right here. The beer is cold and the ribs are delicious.
    RM CMC Director

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    it’s worth it if you can win $75k in cash!
    “A man with no enemies is a man with no character.”
    ― Paul Newman

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    Who in their right mind would cross over to SM in hopes of landing a podium at Nats? Oh wait. . .

Winching a lifeless car onto the trailer twice was more than enough for me, I can't imagine forklifting the damn thing in. Then you have the devil's own chore of getting it out back home. I think I'll stay right here. The beer is cold and the ribs are delicious.
    I'm impressed you've only winched a broken car on the trailer twice.

If I had a dollar....
    Daniel Records
    CMC # 34

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drecords View Post
    I'm impressed you've only winched a broken car on the trailer twice.

If I had a dollar....
    That was this season alone. Was the first and second time the car didn't drive itself onto the trailer. DNFs aren't really my thing. Shooting for zero again next season.
    RM CMC Director

You're welcome