Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust cost

Exhaust cost

Those of you that have recently swapped to an LS (or an LT in a 3rd gen...) Did you have your exhaust fabbed at a shop? How much did it cost?
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    I made it myself using the factory y pipe and cats.

Rent the exhaust repair kit from AutoZone and get some tubing and bends from summit.

It actually is a lot of fun and very rewarding!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    I'm a cheapass and found the rear section of the factory y which has much better ground clearance than the aftermarket y pipes. Going to spend money on the manifold flanges but the rest will be like what Pranav did just welding bends together in the garage. Hell you can really cheap out and do some pie cuts where the bends aren't quite enough.
    RM CMC Director

Unfortunately my factory Y pipe was lost so have to start at the manifolds.
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    You can start with one of these. They require some massaging to fit properly and the ground clearance isn't as good as stock. A few off road excursions ought to fix that though.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/w...t/model/camaro
    RM CMC Director

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    I Purchased flame cut flanges on eBay for $40
    Then had a local exhaust shop build a 2 1/2 inch y and then 2 1/2 inch out. I had them install a flange so I could remove the drivers side and drop the transmission without pulling the whole entire exhaust system. 2 O2 bungs was around $100

Yeah that's the part I was eyeballing Dustin. I added up more than that just in individual 2.5" bends, collector, ebay flanges (thanks Sean!) and O2 bungs.

Sean, you got a shop to build your system from the flanges to the exit for $100???
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez View Post

Sean, you got a shop to build your system from the flanges to the exit for $100???
    $200 fat fingers lol

Blog Entries
    I have had several different exhaust systems and still have some of them. Original car came with custom cats and 3" exhaust out the back with no muffler but it was quiet with the cats. I then went with one of the aftermarket y pipes like above. One of them broke somewhere and I then took some flanges, factory y pipe and a slp bullet muffler to an exhaust shop. Had them make some pipes from the flanges to the y pipe and then a pieced welded to the the bullet and a turn down. I don't remember what I paid the shop but I'm guessing anything a shop is going to do like that should run $200. The other parts I had laying around.

I'll see if I have anything you could use and you could get it with the connectors!!
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Blog Entries
    Ripley's off 1960/kuykendahl does good work.

Tell them the Indian guy in the black Camaro sent you and make sure to tell them you to off track a lot.