Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FNG - Intro

Senior Member Rookie 64GunPilot's Avatar

FNG - Intro

My name is Dylan Bryan. New to the forum, and new to racing. I have made the decision to dive into HPDE with the full intentions of racing CMC in Texas. I've been fascinated with CMC for many years but have been stationed overseas (active duty Army) for the passed 5 years. I have attended a few international HPDE style training events overseas, but have never attended any NASA events stateside yet. In June I'll be arriving back to Fort Hood. I am originally from Abilene, so this puts me close to home. Excited about the move.

I am purchasing Mike Plum's 3rd Gen car he is selling in California. I have another kirkey seat to put in for a passenger/instructor for HPDE training. He is selling his entire racing package, spares, trailer ect. I am super excited about this. He seems like a great guy. I love the Fords, but I also love the Chevys too. I wanted to build my own car but I think financially its better to purchase an already prepared car. I think I'll come out several thousands cheaper. Plus his spares, tires, and trailer....Anyhow. I did build a Factory Five Cobra replica (not challenge car) back in 2009. Im actually selling it to be able to afford this new hobby.

2019 Will probably just be an HPDE year I think. I want to ease into it. Im not even a rookie yet. I have so much to learn. But I look forward to joining the community and learning as much as I can from everyone. I have some Army training to tend to in Alabama before I get fully settled at Fort Hood. My first track appearance wont be until June 2019. But I plan on scanning the forums, event schedules and results, and studying the rules again and again. I've read them years ago, but I can already tell theyve changed a lot since the last time I read them. I may ask many questions on here between now and June 19. I will try to answer the questions by studying the CCRs first, but Im sure I'll have lots of questions regardless.

Cheers

Dylan

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Woo Hoo! Welcome aboard and welcome home.

David
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Site AdminGrass-Passer cjlmlml's Avatar
    Welcome and thanks for your service.

Great group here.
    AI # 12

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 64GunPilot View Post
    My name is Dylan Bryan. New to the forum, and new to racing. I have made the decision to dive into HPDE with the full intentions of racing CMC in Texas. I've been fascinated with CMC for many years but have been stationed overseas (active duty Army) for the passed 5 years. I have attended a few international HPDE style training events overseas, but have never attended any NASA events stateside yet. In June I'll be arriving back to Fort Hood. I am originally from Abilene, so this puts me close to home. Excited about the move.

I am purchasing Mike Plum's 3rd Gen car he is selling in California. I have another kirkey seat to put in for a passenger/instructor for HPDE training. He is selling his entire racing package, spares, trailer ect. I am super excited about this. He seems like a great guy. I love the Fords, but I also love the Chevys too. I wanted to build my own car but I think financially its better to purchase an already prepared car. I think I'll come out several thousands cheaper. Plus his spares, tires, and trailer....Anyhow. I did build a Factory Five Cobra replica (not challenge car) back in 2009. Im actually selling it to be able to afford this new hobby.

2019 Will probably just be an HPDE year I think. I want to ease into it. Im not even a rookie yet. I have so much to learn. But I look forward to joining the community and learning as much as I can from everyone. I have some Army training to tend to in Alabama before I get fully settled at Fort Hood. My first track appearance wont be until June 2019. But I plan on scanning the forums, event schedules and results, and studying the rules again and again. I've read them years ago, but I can already tell theyve changed a lot since the last time I read them. I may ask many questions on here between now and June 19. I will try to answer the questions by studying the CCRs first, but Im sure I'll have lots of questions regardless.

Cheers

Dylan
    Welcome back to the USA and the greatest state and thanks for your service!

Absolutely did the right thing by buying a built car, huge money ahead by doing that!
    Daniel Records
    CMC # 34

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Dylan,
    Welcome to the family and tremendous thanks for your service to our country! The AI/CMC group (especially here in TX) is one of the best one's you will find. You will find that everyone is will to help out a fellow racer with questions, parts, etc both at the track and between events.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out. Michael Mosty is technically your CMC Director for the TX region, but I can fill his shoes in a pinch (I'm the AI Director). Our contact email is at the back of the rulebook (CMC for Michael and AI for me).

Enjoy the addiction... habit... err hobby!
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Welcome!

Apache driver?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    CMC, good choice!
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Welcome Dylan
    Wow been a long time since I raced against Plum’s car. He’s a great guy who always took care of his equipment well so I’m sure you’ll do well picking up his stuff.
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by 64GunPilot View Post

I am purchasing Mike Plum's 3rd Gen car he is selling in California. I have another kirkey seat to put in for a passenger/instructor for HPDE training. He is selling his entire racing package, spares, trailer ect. I am super excited about this. He seems like a great guy. I love the Fords,(well we will work on you!) but I also love the Chevys too.
    Dylan
    Welcome!
    Thank you for your Service!

3rd Gen Great choice in cars. Gary And my self are the last 3rd gen hold outs. ( best platform IMHO)

This is the Best group of people you'll ever race with.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Not many of us active duty here, way to represent. Can't wait for you to get that comp license, then it'll be an Army vs Air Force showdown at Hallett 2020.
    RM CMC Director