Thread: Cobra Brake Rotors

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    I run the "good" rotors that Advance sells. I've never gotten a full season out of any rotor, these are cheaper and last as long as Napa's best. Hallett is a death sentence to any parts store rotor. I showed up with brand new rotors this year and at the next event both rotors cracked. Typically I show up with rotors with a couple races on them and they die at Hallett. 2 piece rotors is on the to do list because I'm sick of keeping an ear open for a rotor about to let go in the pits.
    This is my somewhat non-scientific observation - I'm sure someone else can correct me if I stray into nonsense land.
    David uses the OReally rotors. We were routinely getting more than a year out of them before
    they cracked a face. Near the end of life we'd see a lot of surface checking though.

A new rotor is more likely to crack at Hallett due to the extreme heat cycling that happens there.
    A rotor that has been work hardened through many less-severe track sessions should be fine at Hallett.
    At least that is my observation from wrenching on OiF #39. Also, a big player, again from my
    experience with #39 at Hallett, is to make sure you have a nearly new brake pads on the front
    rotors so the heat capacity of the pad is a little better (also more pad reduces the brake fluid
    heat uptake a little bit I would think).

Just my 2¢.
    Last edited by 39PitCrew; 10-28-2018 at 03:58 PM.
    --
    ------__o
    -----_\ <,_
    ----(_)/ (_)
    Laissez les bons temps rouler