Thread: Stoptech Big Brake Kit CMC

Senior Member Rookie

Stoptech Big Brake Kit CMC

I bought this from Chris a couple weeks ago. Found out it would require me to rework my brake ducts or replace. So decided to go another direction.

Calipers, hats and rotors and an extra set of rotors.

$1500 all I did was clean them up a bit.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I would really think about fixing the ducts to work with the Stoptech's. The ducts on the 55 have tears and cuts in them and once in a while they get torn completely off but we have never had a heat issue with the Stoptech's (and we don't run an expensive fluid.....ATE Superblue).

JJ

Senior Member Rookie
    I already had ordered the girodiscs that Daniel recommended. When the stoptechs came up I figured I would buy them and sell the cobra setup. The ducts just made me change again. If Daniel is right and I get 3 years out of these rotors the stoptechs can go. I am using super blue too, but its not blue like the stuff that came out.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Blog Entries
    Would be interesting to bring both to a DE weekend and see which setup you like better as far as pedal feel, modulation, etc.

I've not had the stoptech experience yet so I'm in the dark as to what I'm missing, however my car with Cobra calipers, Girodisc rotors, good pads, and rbf 660 is easy to modulate and stops great.

The BMW I tested yesterday for WRL @COTA in 2 weeks was not nearly as confidence inspiring in the brake department despite good pads, fresh fluid, and ABS.
    Daniel Records
    CMC # 34

Senior Member Rookie
    I will also trade for a ready to go T5.