Quote Originally Posted by Alien View Post
First off, I haven't stayed in a Holiday Inn recently, so I may be reading the rule wrong. If the radiator itself counts as a 5" air bleed (whatever that is), then forget everything I said and don't read on. I know the rule was made/adjusted for a completely different scenario, but may have an unintended consequence. What's throwing me off is bolded "A ram air intake shall be defined as one that sources its air from a location on the exterior of the car or the radiator ducting and is ducted and sealed from that source to the throttle body/carb.

The TPI from the factory is not ram air. I know I know, I'm probably the only one in the country running an LT1 thru a TPI intake (and a T5 to boot).
Throttle body gets airs from TPI intake...
In my mind, the rule was written (WRT drawing air from a sealed radiator shroud) to prevent a guy from hacking out the bottom of his LS1 airbox and then sealing off the front factory inlet. My Z06 draws its air from a sealed housing plopped on top of the radiator shroud. It's a bottom breather like a 4th gen. The Hurricane that I run and the Vararam that's still available don't do much on the dyno if anything in terms of hp gains, but they consistently shave ~.3 seconds off of the 1/4 mile. So no, the radiator itself does not count as a 5 sq in bleed. I can certainly see your concern here, but it goes to show that the rule needed to be better written so it's simpler to understand the concept and enforce.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
Gary whats your interpretation of the difference in a cold air vs ram air system? Nice aero belly skin, too!

Thanks Michael-campfires in Houston are the best part of going down there. I'll make a topic wheel to spin and have rearends, weight, torque arms, and drink for every f bomb from a particular racer.
There is no interpretation difference between cold and ram air. If you draw air from the front of the car or radiator shroud have a 5 sq in bleed, you're not ram air and if you don't, you are.