Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
E. 6.21.5 Any air filter or air filter assembly may be fitted and OE assemblies may be modified. Air boxes
and filters must reside inside the engine compartment or in the OEM stock location. Air filter
installations intentionally designed to create, or that appear to create a ram air effect are not allowed,
even if they were OEM stock. A ram air intake shall be defined as one that sources its air from a
location on the exterior of the car or the radiator ducting and is ducted and sealed from that source to
the throttle body/carb. Ducting that has gaps or openings smaller than 5 square inches total will be
considered sealed.

*Does this make it legal or illegal to have the bottom lid on the LS cut open?
If opening the bottom of an LS lid is illegal, then the stock TPI airbox also illegal since it sources its air from infront of the radiator assuming you have the radiator 'sealed'. I don't see how it could be ram air considering the radiator itself is a huge bleed off of any built up air pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
F. 6.29.2 Both GM and Ford cars may also use a Ford 9”, GM 12 bolt, or Dana 44 rear axle housing, but
the housing must maintain both the exact OEM suspension pickup points and OEM rear end
geometry as the originally equipped axle assembly.

*So the Fords still get the best rearend with more posi and gear options since I can't install a 9". And I can't install a bolt in 8.8 that I can order online for my F body? Glad I picked up a good T2R.
The strikethroughs don't paste into the forum. I thought Bryan was off his rocker (well, still do), until I clicked the rules link. I thought this rule has been in place for a long time, and it's now getting removed? 10-bolt or bust (or an Austrailian 9-bolt I suppose)?