Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
The whole thing on rotors, if the hardware allows axial float, that's the way you go.

Wilwood rotors and entry level coleman rotors do not, which make them just as good as a regular one piece rotor in that they will crack fairly quickly because the rotor rings aren't being allowed to move when they change shape from high heat under braking.

This is why we love our 2 piece $$$ stoptechs; the rings last forever because they aren't stressed from being tied to a rotor hat that doesnt change shape. The stoptech kits cost a lot since they also come with $$$ calipers, but for Mustangs as we see with Records, you can get girodisc two piece true floating rotors that go with stock Ford calipers.

For GM i believe a stoptech/girodisc c5 floating rotor with stock c5 calipers would be a good option $ wise.
Pump the brakes (see what I did there?). I thought stock rotors weren't compatible with Stoptech calipers on a 4th gen? Of course if I ever wrap up my distractions I can get around to fitting it all up to a spare knuckle to see it with my own eyes.