Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Banjo Bolts and Crush Wahsers

Senior Member Rookie
    Ok so with further investigation I think I have earls teflon hosed and fittings. IMG_20190114_174956892.jpg

So I am going to order new lines. Are you supposed to change out all the fittings when you change out the lines? IMG_20190111_104835909.jpg
    Last edited by centerville; 01-14-2019 at 09:53 PM.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    It looks like you have pre fabbed/crimped 3an lines

So your banjo 3an bolts leaking, you just need new washers for the banjo bolts

The lines if you are happy with the lengths then yes replac them with pre fab lines if you want, or make your own.

The only thing to note, those lines don't have a heat shrink sleeve/coating.

If they make the same lines with the coating ur good, if not I would recommend buying bulk coated (black) line and 3an fittings and make them yourself

Senior Member Rookie
    Thanks Pranav. The replacement I have is 1.5" shorter than what is on the car now. Making my own seems like the way to go. I will need to find out what the banjo height is for these calipers but once that;s known it should be straight forward.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, if you want to go one step further you can make hose ends that have banjos built in; did that on mine for the rear calipers to reduce the number of fittings in my brake system, but did seperate banjo + 3an on the front to make it easier to take stuff apart in a pinch.

Earl's PTFE Fittings:
    https://www.summitracing.com/search/...rder=Ascending

The hose I use for brakes and clutch:
    https://www.summitracing.com/search/...rder=Ascending

Assembling this stuff is easy and hard to screw up; just make a clean straight cut with a hacksaw/air body saw and clean it out real good. I also like to take coat hanger wire and run it inside the hose to support the hose structurally when making the cut, but make sure you can push it back out from the other side.

Biggest thing is to route in such a way the hose never kinks. Turns out my clutch hose that blew up was kinked bad as it was routed to make a sharp 90* out of the bellhousing; just poor routing on my part.

Also good practice to keep at least one spare fitting of each type you use, or just keep your old stuff in the spares box.
    Last edited by Pranav; 01-16-2019 at 10:48 AM.

Senior Member Rookie
    Thanks for the tips. Cool stuff for sure. Now to just get the right fittings and I am good to go.