Thread: Facilities & Etiquette

Hybrid View

Senior Member Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by drecords View Post
    I run a pair of honda 2000i generators connected together and it runs my 15k BTU A/C and about anything else I need with ease and quietly. Usually put them right under the gooseneck and they don't bother us all weekend. Highly reccomend that setup -- I ended up with twin 2000's because I had one that I used before I stepped up to the big trailer and needed to run an A/C.
    Daniel how long are you getting on one tank of gas running two of those? I have a buddy that just asked me about this. I have a 3000.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by centerville View Post
    Daniel how long are you getting on one tank of gas running two of those? I have a buddy that just asked me about this. I have a 3000.
    Running our equipment at work with eco mode off and pushing near the capacity of the generator, I think I got 4 hours and change out of a full tank. Our 3k Hondas go much longer than that with the same load.
    RM CMC Director

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by centerville View Post
    About 4hrs, however come check out my extended range tank I'm trying out this weekend. It's a 6gal boat fuel tank from Wal-Mart for $49 with some 1/4" fittings and 3/8 fuel line to hopefully have them run all weekend.
    Daniel Records
    CMC # 34

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    About 4hrs, however come check out my extended range tank I'm trying out this weekend. It's a 6gal boat fuel tank from Wal-Mart for $49 with some 1/4" fittings and 3/8 fuel line to hopefully have them run all weekend.
    How are they hooked up to keep the tanks full, but not overfull?
    RM CMC Director

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    How are they hooked up to keep the tanks full, but not overfull?
    The little Honda's have fuel pumps in them because the tank is below the carb level and they can't gravity feed. Pump will pull the fuel from the aux tank as it needs it. I have replacement caps with Barb fittings om them
    Daniel Records
    CMC # 34

The little Honda's have fuel pumps in them because the tank is below the carb level and they can't gravity feed. Pump will pull the fuel from the aux tank as it needs it. I have replacement caps with Barb fittings om them

I too run a pair of Honda 2000s and have rigged them up to both feed from a 5 gallon can (I just use one of the 7 cans I bring with 93 octane for the car). I can tell you it works AWESOME and running continuous they last roughly 24 hours.

There's plenty of people that sleep in tents, so sleeping in a Yukon cant be considered more hobo-ish!
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Best shower on the circuit is outdoors at Hallett. Loud gens are annoying but then again almost any gen is loud enough to keep me awake. Depending on the track I bring all my fuel especially for Hallett.

Don't see how you could put all that into a 20' trailer and have room for the car either. I prefer staying in the track in the trailer. Hallett has some electric plugs you can find that you pay for but not sure how many are around that aren't a part of a raceport.

I'm not a fan of using a half ton vehicle with an enclosed trailer though I have only used a 3/4 truck/suburban. I know tow capacity's are claimed pretty high on some new half tons but have to wonder how they really handle a trailer under braking, in wind, etc. Plenty of people do it but I question the safety and durability of it. But I understand the compromise of not wanting a 3/4 ton truck to drive everyday and not want to pull a 40' bumper pull triple axle.
    I'll throw out considering selling both trailers and the yukon then using the Excursion to pull a 24 or 28 depending how much stuff you want to bring or if you want some living quarters. Take the Yukon for a 100 mile test in the wind/heat towing the trailer loaded with all the junk we bring to see how it does before making a big change. See if you can monitor trans temps in overdrive if you have the 4l60 which I assume you do.

Lots of variable and what you want will change so doing a test run before a huge change is my suggestion. I wouldn't worry about being hobo-ish no matter what you do either.

Does one need to have a co2 monitor if running the truck all night and sleeping in it? I'm told motorcycle guys rent diesel vans and leave them running all weekend.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24