Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Facilities & Etiquette

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    If it's not an inverter generator then it's probably going to be obnoxious. Mine is 58 dB.

https://www.briggsandstratton.com/na...rt-series.html
    RM CMC Director

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 64GunPilot View Post
    So what is the etiquette for running generators at night after campfire gatherings ? My current generator runs about 75db. Pretty loud. Or do most paddocks in Texas have electricity for us? If its a problem then maybe I need to shop for a quiet generator.

Haha. I so wish my trailer was 24ft. I have a 40 footer triple axle bumper pull, but I need money so Im gonna sell it and my Excursion and downgrade to my older Yukon halfton and keep my 20ft enclosed and 20ft flatbed.
    I run a pair of honda 2000i generators connected together and it runs my 15k BTU A/C and about anything else I need with ease and quietly. Usually put them right under the gooseneck and they don't bother us all weekend. Highly reccomend that setup -- I ended up with twin 2000's because I had one that I used before I stepped up to the big trailer and needed to run an A/C.
    Daniel Records
    CMC # 34

Senior Member Rookie 64GunPilot's Avatar
    Ok. I see i'll eventually need to buy a new generator. I have a lot of things I need. Unfortunately I can't buy it all at once. I gotta start off small and work my way up over the next couple years.

There are several less than ideal, but still reasonable means to support this hobby as I grow in it. For example, I can take out my rear Yukon seats and put in a full mattress and sleep in that with the engine and A/C running, and use facility showers / restrooms, and only fire up the generator when I absolutely need it. I might look like a hobo at the track, but I've had some extremely high expenses the past two years and I am still recovering from that. Im lucky to be able to even begin to jump into HPDE.

I have enough tires and brakes I think to last me through 3-4 events of HPDE (this is all I can attend due to my return from Korea / deployment timeline). And just hoping the car holds together. Supposedly its pretty fresh, but we'll see and I am looking forward to finding out in April at my first appearance at Eagles Canyon.
    Last edited by 64GunPilot; 01-22-2019 at 10:20 PM.

Senior Member Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by drecords View Post
    I run a pair of honda 2000i generators connected together and it runs my 15k BTU A/C and about anything else I need with ease and quietly. Usually put them right under the gooseneck and they don't bother us all weekend. Highly reccomend that setup -- I ended up with twin 2000's because I had one that I used before I stepped up to the big trailer and needed to run an A/C.
    Daniel how long are you getting on one tank of gas running two of those? I have a buddy that just asked me about this. I have a 3000.

Senior Member Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by 64GunPilot View Post
    Ok. I see i'll eventually need to buy a new generator. I have a lot of things I need. Unfortunately I can't buy it all at once. I gotta start off small and work my way up over the next couple years.

There are several less than ideal, but still reasonable means to support this hobby as I grow in it. For example, I can take out my rear Yukon seats and put in a full mattress and sleep in that with the engine and A/C running, and use facility showers / restrooms, and only fire up the generator when I absolutely need it. I might look like a hobo at the track, but I've had some extremely high expenses the past two years and I am still recovering from that. Im lucky to be able to even begin to jump into HPDE.

I have enough tires and brakes I think to last me through 3-4 events of HPDE (this is all I can attend due to my return from Korea / deployment timeline). And just hoping the car holds together. Supposedly its pretty fresh, but we'll see and I am looking forward to finding out in April at my first appearance at Eagles Canyon.
    It's racing so there is always something you want. I have had this car for a year next month and I am still working on stuff.

Many of the tracks we run do not have electric but all have showers, some better than others. Most of the time you can find somewhere to park away from others so your generator wont make them crazy. Last year at Hallett I slept in a tent with ac and a generator. I had a few empty trailers around me and a ton of mosquitoes.

Have extra consumables, bring what tools you can and come out and have fun. That's what this is about.

Quote Originally Posted by centerville View Post
    Daniel how long are you getting on one tank of gas running two of those? I have a buddy that just asked me about this. I have a 3000.
    Running our equipment at work with eco mode off and pushing near the capacity of the generator, I think I got 4 hours and change out of a full tank. Our 3k Hondas go much longer than that with the same load.
    RM CMC Director

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by centerville View Post
    About 4hrs, however come check out my extended range tank I'm trying out this weekend. It's a 6gal boat fuel tank from Wal-Mart for $49 with some 1/4" fittings and 3/8 fuel line to hopefully have them run all weekend.
    Daniel Records
    CMC # 34

About 4hrs, however come check out my extended range tank I'm trying out this weekend. It's a 6gal boat fuel tank from Wal-Mart for $49 with some 1/4" fittings and 3/8 fuel line to hopefully have them run all weekend.
    How are they hooked up to keep the tanks full, but not overfull?
    RM CMC Director

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    How are they hooked up to keep the tanks full, but not overfull?
    The little Honda's have fuel pumps in them because the tank is below the carb level and they can't gravity feed. Pump will pull the fuel from the aux tank as it needs it. I have replacement caps with Barb fittings om them
    Daniel Records
    CMC # 34

The little Honda's have fuel pumps in them because the tank is below the carb level and they can't gravity feed. Pump will pull the fuel from the aux tank as it needs it. I have replacement caps with Barb fittings om them

I too run a pair of Honda 2000s and have rigged them up to both feed from a 5 gallon can (I just use one of the 7 cans I bring with 93 octane for the car). I can tell you it works AWESOME and running continuous they last roughly 24 hours.