Thread: ECR cancelled

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ECR cancelled

Looks like weather has caused a delay.
    So sorry to hear that.

JJ

Senior Member Rookie
    Not the only one to be cancelled. This was sent out to all members.

Ok all here's the latest....

Turn 1-2.jpg

I’ll say it for you – waiting sucks.

You folks are much smarter and more patient than I am.

We get all these notes of encouragement:

“Hang in there”.., “We’re with you all the way”, “do it right”, “good things come to those who wait”, “Rome wasn’t built in a day”

Yes -- It’s built to last, and it will be world class. Every inch of the track is reconstructed from scratch. My Bank Account is very angry at me – it’s taken longer and been a much bigger investment than planned. And Yes… I know, “It’s worth it” (hopefully that doesn’t end up being the copy on my pan-handling sign)

But we do it for the joy of driving… so we, too, want the driving part !!

Our second asphalt base course on Roller Coaster (our new name for the 1.65 Mile track) is done.

So we have a full loop with fresh surface; not the final surface… but a very good surface (a million times better than what we had). As you will recall, we need to wait (!@#$%^!!!) for warmer weather for the swanky final 2” coat.

We will install a few curbings (turn 11 and turn 3) in the next weeks to test the structure and length. They are FIA spec, smooth, 8 inches of concrete. Since they will be 2 inches higher than the current track… (waiting for the surface coat) we have to install the balance after the final asphalt lift.

We are continuing endless backfill and drainage work – to protect our baby.

And now for the fun part….

The time has come to give our patient members a taste of what we will get. We have mixed feelings, because it will be significantly better in the end… but its sooo dang good we have to give you a taste.

So – we will be hosting some Taxi rides. Because several elements are not final, we cannot yet allow folks to ‘beta-test’ their own cars. We will evaluate that option in the next months. But for now you get to ride with us.

It’s just a taste, and we will have to alternate groups and individuals depending on the day.. We will set up invitations to all of you for that to happen.

So – stand by… and pray for lots of warm weather.

Your Friends at ECR

Senior Member Rookie 64GunPilot's Avatar
    Is this cancelled altogether or just postponed? Or will the venue change? This was going to be my first appearance. Kinda disappointed.

Senior Member Rookie
    The track just is not going to be ready by then for racing. They are saying postponed but I think that is going to depend on how many events get cancelled there. I will be out there in March for instructor training. I cant wait to see where they are at and get an update.