Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More durable/affordable tire option?

Hybrid View

Personally I would think we'd want to spend a bit of time simply driving on these (and building heat cycles) and optimizing setup before thinking we're ready for a test. I would be surprised if we did not find that they require different alignment, pressures, and spring/damper settings to work well.
    Al Fernandez

Lots of discussion going on, glad to see that. Ideas are all over the map, at least we're having the talk!

The weather this weekend isn't looking great, so I'll at least get to text azenis as rain tires

Got em mounted, I'm wondering if they'll rub more than the RRs.

20190227_111347.jpg

- Josh
    Last edited by Sook; 02-28-2019 at 01:03 AM.
    CMC #50

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Sook View Post
    Lots of discussion going on, glad to see that. Ideas are all over the map, at least we're having the talk!

The weather this weekend isn't looking great, so I'll at least get to text azenis as rain tires

Got em mounted, I'm wondering if they'll rub more than the RRs.

20190227_111347.jpg

- Josh
    Tires look good!!
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sook View Post
    Got em mounted

- Josh
    I've gotten mine mounted also. It's getting a bit out of hand. I have four vehicles and a trailer, all sitting on their tires and this stack is still left over. There is something wrong with us...

Richard P.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez View Post
    Personally I would think we'd want to spend a bit of time simply driving on these (and building heat cycles) and optimizing setup before thinking we're ready for a test. I would be surprised if we did not find that they require different alignment, pressures, and spring/damper settings to work well.
    All that setup work (specific to Josh's car, anyway) is planned for this weekend. That's assuming the weather plays nice. The forecast is all over the map and changing every time I look. If the weather holds out, we will have a full weekend of setup and heat cycles on his tires with the stickers still on mine. If the skies open up, Josh's won't have as many effective cycles on them and mine won't be stickers anymore...

Richard P.

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Where has anyone been able to buy a set of RR’s from? I haven’t bought a set since middle of last year and can’t find anyone that has any in stock to ship to a residence.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    I got mine from Phil's Tire late last year, but they were already a year old. Maybe they only make them every other year.
    RM CMC Director

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    Where has anyone been able to buy a set of RR’s from? I haven’t bought a set since middle of last year and can’t find anyone that has any in stock to ship to a residence.
    Did you try simple tire?
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Supply low, demand high - I'll sell you my set for $2k delivered to the track!

Just kidding of course, it's actually $5k.

Jkjk,
    - Josh
    CMC #50

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Blog Entries
    Since I also bought Azenis I got a set of second hand new stickers from Matt White for a discount. Have you called tirerack to see what they can do? They've been great to me over the years.
    Daniel Records
    CMC # 34