Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
Do I think I am losing time vs bringing stickers to every event? Absolutely. Is it worth it to me to bring stickers to each event? Absolutely not?
All of us have different personal preferences for what we are able to spend for racing.

Thinking about this more, I have other stuff to add. First, your attitude on the subject is great. It's uncommon in the world and certainly isn't pervasive among "racers". That attitude doesn't exist at Red Shift Racing. We want to kick you ass every time the green flag drops. We just do. Its a significant goal and a great achievement against a worthy competitor when we pull it off. It's not tolerable to us to be uncompetitive just because we didn't pony up for tires. Conversely, beating you because you showed up on dead tires is lame and unsatisfying. We want the accomplishment of beating you (and all the others) when you are at your best. Then we want to drink beer with you afterwords and revel in how we pulled it of, 'cause it doesn't happen as often as we would like.

So, we don't want to spend the money to buy tires every event. We don't want to force you to buy tires for every event. Mostly, we don't want you to show up with lame tires so that when we kick your ass, it's something to celebrate.

Seems like if we had tires that sucked equally from stickers to cord, this whole series would be more fun. And way less expensive...

Richard P.