Thread: More durable/affordable tire option?

Hybrid View

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    No one has purchased yet, correct? We should totally do 255s, I’m pumped for 2 sets for the price of 1 and last 2-3 times longer.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    No one has purchased yet, correct? We should totally do 255s, I’m pumped for 2 sets for the price of 1 and last 2-3 times longer.
    I don't believe anyone has purchased yet but we are rapidly approaching where it's time to shit or get off the pot.

We currently have Dan, Josh, Tyler, and Records. I haven't ever had rain tires before and want some to run DEs. Now that I have a couple sets of extra wheels, I'm in for a set to use as rains. I'll let josh run them for a race.

Josh is planning on running these tires as much as possible at the Driver's Edge event the weekend before. Maybe Records too??? Josh would start the weekend on used tires and compete against stickers. On Sunday morning, Josh would swap to my stickers for qual and the first race. Going from three day old to stickers on the current RRs would make an obvious difference against the rest of the field. Will it with these tires? Josh would then swap back for the 4th race for a back to back comparison.

More driver's on these tires would be better. More people swapping between old and new of this tire would be best. I think we can learn a lot from what we are currently planning.

Richard P.