Quote Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
The next big question is whether the testers are racing or TTing as part of the experiment? Signing up for TT would mean purchasing Azenis and Toyos and signing up for racing and supersizing to TT. Sounds expensive. Doing the test as part of racing has its drawbacks but costs less...

Richard P.
Could go both ways, supersizing allows them to run both but costs way more (kind of a necessity when you're a guinea pig for a change) which makes it ever more important to capture as much data as possible. It's proof of concept but again more expensive and the data may not be perfect if they end up chasing some POS BMW that won't let them by and heat their tires properly throughout the session. Furthermore (imo) we cannot base jack or shit on an event that happens in the cool of March. I personally believe we need to compare data, cycle for cycle, of the performance of the RR vs the 615 while being run 100% lap for lap to produce any real output for us as racers to even consider defecting from the RR. If I sound like a defender of the RR, well, there are political considerations, but aside from that here in RM the top 3 are not observing the significance of dropoff in times so I personally believe I should pitch this nationally to see where everyone else stands and perhaps all regions should collect lap times vs RR cycles to really get a feel for what's going on and if there is a true need for a change.