Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
FWIW I had the 615s when they first came out, so pre-K, and they got greasy and scary when hot. This was on a 2400# car in the touge of Okinawa, no way in hell I ever heated those the way I have heated tires on the Camaro and Z06 here on real tracks. That's always stuck in the back of my mind. I know the compound has changed, but I never really hear of people raving about these tires for track days, HPDE, etc even if they are the Formula D tire of choice. I'd caution you about trying to get a contingency deal from Falken though, you'd be stepping on NASA/Toyo toes.
My understanding is that the 615K+ fixed the greasing issue...haven't read anyone having trouble with new compound tires specifically.

On contingency, my thought would be that we wouldn't pursue it given than the number of tires needed per season was drastically reduced. Even winning an event a weekend and finishing well in another, a top guy is spending 3-500 per event to stay on sticker RR's depending on how close to the top step of the podium he was. If Azenis last say, 3 weekends we're spending $250-275 per weekend on tires. If you don't get contingency, well...you guys can do math

I'm not looking to step on toes w.r.t. toyo and NASA, just trying to find a way to make our racing more cost effective and still just as much fun. TOYO makes the R1R which is a 200TW street tire, maybe we consider that option?

The NT01 is made by Nitto...so we'd still be leaving the toyo umbrella with that one, though I liked those tires on the ecobooze at COTA.