Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
I am very well aware of the heat cycling out issue. To me, that is just a question all of us have different answers to. How much do you want to spend? I have raced either every event or every event -1 in all my 13 years of racing. I have never used more than 3 sets of tires / season.

To keep racing as cost effective as possible for me I choose the events I want stickers vs the events I don't have the ability to. I raced MSRH with the same tires I ran Nationals. My plan is to use those tires for inverts at MSRC and then put stickers on for qual and Toyo races. I will then finish MSRC with 4 heat cycles on the stickers and then use them for COTA.

Do I think I am losing time vs bringing stickers to every event? Absolutely. Is it worth it to me to bring stickers to each event? Absolutely not?
All of us have different personal preferences for what we are able to spend for racing.
Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
I agree Richard but this same tire situation is going to be present with any other race group that runs a race tire. It doesn't matter if you are CMC, AI, SM, GTS, etc, whoever shows up with stickers at every event is going to have an advantage.

Is it because CMC is more of a budget series? Heck, I am on a tight racing budget and couldn't even bring rain tires to Nationals when the forecast called for rain all event.
I totally understand where everyone is coming from on a budget stand point.
My aim for starting this thread was totally centered on budget. I wanted to start the discussion about 200 TW street tires because I think if we can have as much fun as we do and lower the cost per event we all win. The endurance racing series that are gaining popularity that run them have something very right in their formula, those events are serious fun and tires are way less of a factor. I think the alure of low cost is something that keeps people showing up and sticking around in those series.

I agree with the sentiments that we don't want the tires to be the deciding factor in everyone's season. Part of racing is car management, I understand that -- but none of us are going to run Daytona and the cars tend to create enough reliability opportunities that taking new tires out of the performance equation that is CMC would be a net benefit to the whole group (in my opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
Michael and Kevin using older tires for non Toyo races is fine but like Richard I want to run as fast as possible in every race. Since I only run two races per weekend one of those will not be a Toyo race. I do not want to run tires that are even half a second slower per lap. Different strokes for different folks. I would like a tire that is slower and would not change from new to corded. I just don't know if there is such a thing.

JJ
Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
Maybe pre cycled out tires are the answer here.
They just turn to such unpredictable junk. I'll take a slower predictable street tire all day over a 15hc RR rock.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
What is the difference in the RT615K and the RT615K+?

JJ
New compound -- better for track driving. Like i said previously, the 615k+ is the Spec Vette tire choice and those guys spoke positively about them. How that is not a direct comparison has been highlighted elsewhere in this thread, but is a good data point from a standpoint of 'are these tires total junk or are they a possilbe option?'