Quote Originally Posted by drecords View Post
Pretty neat video, thanks for sharing. Electric cars are great, and fulfill a neat segment in the auto industry right now.

My concern as transportation starts to go 'green' is that we analyze the total environmental impact of the vehicle from womb to tomb. That is, what are the implications of the battery manufacturing process, where does the power charging the car come from, and what's the disposal/recycling strategy for the batteries at the end of the cars lifecycle to name a few. I remember an article when the Prius came out that did some total environmental impact analysis and concluded that a Hummer H2 was better environmentally over the life cycle of the car than the Prius, mainly due to the battery manufacturing implications. Idk if that's still true, but still sticks in my head.

That being said...I hate changing the 3 gals of oil my Dodge holds, wouldn't miss that!

I am sure the are a ton of sources to say one way or the other. This just happens to be one I remember seeing a couple months ago. Everyone can make their own decisions about credibility.

https://youtu.be/6RhtiPefVzM