Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: MSRC Roll Call

Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty View Post
    However, please bear in mind that TX is one of the only regions that has a healthy CMC field and if all the car "disappear" to AIX, there might be an un-expected consequence on the national level as CMC entries around the nation is struggling.
    There have been hints of national level 'something' happening. I don't think we're trying to do anything illegal or put people out of work. What type of backlash are you expecting - Are comp license going to be revoked for running AIX for a weekend?

Making CMC cheaper will definitely grow the class, and increase attendance. This tire test might not be the right solution immediately, but at least it's a step in a direction. There's a strong chance that this tire doesn't work at all for what we're trying to do, I'll have some data on the 4th.

- Josh
    CMC #50

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    un-expected consequence on the national level as CMC entries around the nation is struggling.
    The CMC entries around here are struggling because of the cost of tires. If we do nothing, it might happen anyway. Our goal is to make CMC stronger.

Richard P.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sook View Post
    There have been hints of national level 'something' happening. I don't think we're trying to do anything illegal or put people out of work. What type of backlash are you expecting - Are comp license going to be revoked for running AIX for a weekend?

Making CMC cheaper will definitely grow the class, and increase attendance. This tire test might not be the right solution immediately, but at least it's a step in a direction. There's a strong chance that this tire doesn't work at all for what we're trying to do, I'll have some data on the 4th.

- Josh
    I'll agree that making our class cheaper will make it more appealing, but the real challenge is to get that change nationally accepted. To do so would likely require the new tire manufacturer to provide a contingency and for that to bode with big NASA. It's plenty easy to run CMCTX on the Falkens, but again nats and out of region races would be a whole different ballgame until nationally accepted. Data is key here to present your case. At the same time, try to take the results of your testing with a grain of salt.
    RM CMC Director

For clarity, there wont be any "backlash" to an individual. Your license status is based on your driving and you are free to register and participate in any series you choose. If your car is completely uncompetitive for the series, that's on you (ie a 260hp 3200lb AIX car...)
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Rookie Cody Powell's Avatar
    Guys,
    Simple approach is to have everyone who wants run an alternate tire is to register as AIX and not engage with racing "true" CMC cars which are fully compliant to the class rules (running RR's or RA1's).
    However, please bear in mind that TX is one of the only regions that has a healthy CMC field and if all the car "disappear" to AIX, there might be an un-expected consequence on the national level as CMC entries around the nation is struggling.
    This is funny to me, NASA national clearly doesn't care. They have boxed you guys into a vintage class on tires that last a weekend and cost $1300.
    Guys like Bryan are always going to on new tires. He can afford it and he likes to run up front.
    Its unfortunate but whatever. I really like the idea of running AIX. You guys should really pursue that, if it got traction you could possibly cut your own deal with a tire manufacturer. Heck hoosier already has one. And I think maxxis as well.
    Just hangin' with the dudes from Texas.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Motor is hurt in the bird, I’m out :-/
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    Motor is hurt in the bird, I’m out :-/
    You have a few days, LS swap isn't hard.
    CMC #50

Blog Entries
    Just 5.3 swap it.

Do it

Do it

Blog Entries
    With regards to NASA or specifically NASA TX. I would like to remind everyone that CMC is consistently the second biggest class behind Spec Miata. And AI/CMC is the second biggest run group other than SM-meaning bigger fields than an ST, GTS, groups, etc. So "hints" make me feel like a slap in the face from a girl you didn't even cheat on. If all of the sudden in a year we look up and there are 20 car fields in AIX that are just CMC cars on a different tire then there will be no "hints".

Thanks for clarity Al. Your car going to make it on track?
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

LS swapped #5 will be there!!
    Al Fernandez