Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MSRC Roll Call

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    Anyone bringing sticker RR’s?
    If I actually get my Toyo bucks approved and some tires shipped I will be bringing some but who knows if I'll use them.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    I think so, everyone kind of gets hurt for not running the same tires, Toyo contingency field and competitors drops for those on Toyo's, the others have to just have a "side" race, no class points, no awards, etc.
    If we could get a large majority on the other tire I bet we could make it the official race group.
    As an interim measure, may be smart to call the class CMCx or something along those lines.
    RM CMC Director

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    I'm planning to come and have RR's from Cota as well but I think the ones I ran at Cota I also ran at Hallett-have to check. I'm very interested in the other tire but with ECR being out if I ordered a set I would prefer them to be what I run at Hallett.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    I'm planning to come and have RR's from Cota as well but I think the ones I ran at Cota I also ran at Hallett-have to check. I'm very interested in the other tire but with ECR being out if I ordered a set I would prefer them to be what I run at Hallett.
    I agree. I would like to use up my old six heat cycle RR's at Cresson then if everyone agrees I have no issue showing up at Hallett with the Falkens.

To really see how these Falken tires work I would think we would want everyone running them every time we are on track at Hallett (or where ever we all are running them).

JJ
    Last edited by ShadowBolt; 02-12-2019 at 04:12 PM.

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    I think we are a long way away from every competitor having an agreement to run street tires at an event. (Whether it be Cresson, Hallett, or wherever) We are having this discussion for a budget reason and I just don't want people spending money for tires when someone could show up with RR's and be way faster.

We need to do lots more discussions, research, etc with CMC and NASA if we want to see about a massive rule change proposition moving forward. This would be way bigger that even CMC on a national level, it would need an overall NASA approval to become official.

I love the discussion but just don't want us to get ahead of ourselves.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    We are having this discussion for a budget reason and I just don't want people spending money for tires when someone could show up with RR's and be way faster.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty
    This would be way bigger that even CMC on a national level, it would need an overall NASA approval to become official.
    That's good to know, I didn't realize it has to go that high.

- Josh
    CMC #50

The racing at Hallett is excellent. With multiple regions in attendance it's probably better to stick to RRs. It's the annual AI/CMC National Championship Part 1 after all.

- Josh
    CMC #50

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Blog Entries
    Does anyone want to run the 200TW TT group at Cresson on 615K+ and compare back to back with RR's? Would give the ability for us to assess the different tires and not tip over the Toyo apple cart by showing up as defectors on different tires. That will mean I'm buying a new set of RR's for Cresson but they would be my COTA tires.
    Last edited by drecords; 02-12-2019 at 09:27 PM.
    Daniel Records
    CMC # 34

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    I'll show up to practice with 10HC tires and the others are stickers, the ~30 HC tires on the car now likely won't make it through my next local practice.
    RM CMC Director

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Just to make the tire situation even more interesting:
    I can't find anyone that has 275/40/17 RR's in stock, hahahaha.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region