Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MSRC Roll Call

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    Just to make the tire situation even more interesting:
    I can't find anyone that has 275/40/17 RR's in stock, hahahaha.
    Lol I’m looking forward to racing the field on 615’s!
    Sell 1k in Toyo bucks to spec Miata guys for 850 and order up the falkins!
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

I think the falkens would be allowed in AIX, as would the other CMC cars who wanted to play... Just sayin.

I'm going for the AIX regional championship this year.

- Josh
    CMC #50

Quote Originally Posted by Sook View Post
    I think the falkens would be allowed in AIX, as would the other CMC cars who wanted to play... Just sayin.

I'm going for the AIX regional championship this year.

- Josh
    Smart man!
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Blog Entries
    What is 615's?
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    I'm completely OK if a Toyo tire shortage leads to a bigger off brand tire test...

Richard P.

Blog Entries
    I think we are a long way away from every competitor having an agreement to run street tires at an event. (Whether it be Cresson, Hallett, or wherever) We are having this discussion for a budget reason and I just don't want people spending money for tires when someone could show up with RR's and be way faster.

We need to do lots more discussions, research, etc with CMC and NASA if we want to see about a massive rule change proposition moving forward. This would be way bigger that even CMC on a national level, it would need an overall NASA approval to become official.

I love the discussion but just don't want us to get ahead of ourselves.
    Here's a shocker but I disagree and don't think we are getting ahead of ourselves but that we may already be behind. I find your comments somewhat interesting in light of the NASA Texas press release for the Vorshlag Street Tire Time Trial Championship. https://nasatx.com/nasa-texas-and-vo...-championship/
    “We are excited to partner with NASA Texas on this Texas only experimental Street Tire TT sub category! The 200 treadwear tires are longer lasting and very capable and brings the biggest cost in racing down. I think we can bring in some new TT competitors while keeping the core classes, unchanged, so contingencies remain.

Appears there are more people running 615's than RR's for the next event. I lean towards giving them a try as well as I hate the cost/disparity with our current tire. We can run whatever tire we want in AIX so we don't need NASA approval. With more people running them we have more research and discussion doesn't really do as much as if all the competitors decide they want to make a change. Yes at Nationals you would have to run a Toyo to run CMC but I don't think our class would have been any different if we were all in AIX gridded behind three high powered missiles with everyone on a 615 or whatever.

I know where your concern comes from but a little ironic you don't want people spending money on tires when they are sick and tired of spending so much money on tires already. Enough people (me included) think it's a big enough issue that they may be willing to give it a try. I just don't see the harm in it when they are spending almost the same money as they would on 2-3 RR's that are only podium capable in the first 5 heat cycles.

You are bringing up being "official" versus what we want to do and as the customer if we all want to do something then either NASA will accept our entry or tell us to go race elsewhere. I find this attitude a little interesting after seeing the NAS
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    Here's a shocker but I disagree and don't think we are getting ahead of ourselves but that we may already be behind. I find your comments somewhat interesting in light of the NASA Texas press release for the Vorshlag Street Tire Time Trial Championship. https://nasatx.com/nasa-texas-and-vo...-championship/
    “We are excited to partner with NASA Texas on this Texas only experimental Street Tire TT sub category! The 200 treadwear tires are longer lasting and very capable and brings the biggest cost in racing down. I think we can bring in some new TT competitors while keeping the core classes, unchanged, so contingencies remain.

Appears there are more people running 615's than RR's for the next event. I lean towards giving them a try as well as I hate the cost/disparity with our current tire. We can run whatever tire we want in AIX so we don't need NASA approval. With more people running them we have more research and discussion doesn't really do as much as if all the competitors decide they want to make a change. Yes at Nationals you would have to run a Toyo to run CMC but I don't think our class would have been any different if we were all in AIX gridded behind three high powered missiles with everyone on a 615 or whatever.

I know where your concern comes from but a little ironic you don't want people spending money on tires when they are sick and tired of spending so much money on tires already. Enough people (me included) think it's a big enough issue that they may be willing to give it a try. I just don't see the harm in it when they are spending almost the same money as they would on 2-3 RR's that are only podium capable in the first 5 heat cycles.

You are bringing up being "official" versus what we want to do and as the customer if we all want to do something then either NASA will accept our entry or tell us to go race elsewhere. I find this attitude a little interesting after seeing the NAS
    If you think we are already behind, then that is your opinion.
    I'm sorry I am not up to date on the NASA Texas press release for the Vorshlag Street Tire Time Trial Championship.

All I was saying is that if this is a "CMC" concern, the only tire legal for CMC currently is a Toyo RR or RA1. Anyone is more than welcome to put on whatever tire they want and run AIX.

Your last sentence got cut off but I am curious how you feel my attitude is a "little interesting".
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Not that my opinion means anything here since I am not currently racing, but I think everyone has a point here from both sides.

1. The RR is not a great tire for CMC. Overpriced and doesn't work well with a budget minded series. No one likes to get beat specifically by another persons wallet.
    2. However, for racing CMC... it is your only option. You could all agree to race AIX regionally, but not everyone would do it.
    3. This group can't just decide to change tires since it is a national class. I think Michael agrees with you that the RR is not the ideal tire, but some folks switching and some not is not a great solution either. While it is easy to say everyone should change, the reality is much more difficult and some wouldn't do it.
    4. I am not sure NASA gives a crap that you don't like the tire... they are getting paid by Toyo.

Blog Entries
    Speaking of the Toyo RR shortage, is anyone else still getting old date code 2017 tires?

Was pretty pissed that my new set for MSRH was deep into 2017. Did they just make a whole bunch in 2017 and stop making them?

Blog Entries
    Also to further the pressure on NASA, we can put a petition together and send it on up.

We're competitors and customers, not like they can fire us.