Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MSRC Roll Call

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    I'll be on Toyos btw;

Need to cool it with the expenses but if this azenis thing gains traction maybe I'll be in on it at COTA as I'll need a new set then.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Blog Entries
    I am surprised at the shortage of RR's. I've never had trouble finding them. Just checked tirerack and they show fewer than 3 with additional due 2/22.
    Daniel Records
    CMC # 34

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    If you think we are already behind, then that is your opinion.
    I'm sorry I am not up to date on the NASA Texas press release for the Vorshlag Street Tire Time Trial Championship.

All I was saying is that if this is a "CMC" concern, the only tire legal for CMC currently is a Toyo RR or RA1. Anyone is more than welcome to put on whatever tire they want and run AIX.

Your last sentence got cut off but I am curious how you feel my attitude is a "little interesting".
    Of course all we have are our opinions but appears people outside our series have already taken action for some similar reasons and people here are ready to give something else a try because what we have now isn't working.

Yes, this is a CMC concern as we are required to run a Toyo but we have the option in AIX of running any tire we want which makes it pretty easy for people to all move to that class with the only change being the tire. We don't really have any AIX cars in Texas that I'm aware of so doesn't seem like we would be bothering that class any and could still have an AIX regional championship. Is there still any prize money for regional champions? I don't find any Toyo contingency info. on the nasaproracing?

Last sentence I moved to the top "interesting" to give the link to the Time Trial class within a class on a 200TW tire. We won't know until we try and do the research. I don't think this would be the first time in CMC we have discussed having an agreement to run a certain tire during the 888/RA1 debacle.

If I l find that I need a set of tires for Cresson I'll be on 615's. I still may get a set for Cresson and save the old set of RR's I have for Hallett.

No RR's or two year old RR's is a bit of the icing on the cake.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    We're competitors and customers, not like they can fire us.
    Yeah, they can actually.

In reality they would likely offer to move you and your CMC non-compliant car to a different group where you were compliant, i.e. open tire group.

It may be Hallett before I'm back on track with the group, but my $0.02 is I want to run in the biggest group. If that's under-prepared AIX, fine by me.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Speaking of NASA firing us, they already lost half of the spec miata field with the nationals fiasco.
    At the same time DE registration was very high, maybe in a few years they will be a DE business like drivers edge? I’m sure Scca would work with us if we had to go that route.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Nationals Spec Miata deal was really bad. Greatest drive I have ever witnessed in person shot all to hell.

JJ
    Last edited by ShadowBolt; 02-18-2019 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    Greatest drive I have every witnessed in person.
    Truth, absolutely amazing drive....
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Soooo...I'll be at cresson. Hopefully with a car, definitely on Toyos.
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez View Post
    Soooo...I'll be at cresson. Hopefully with a car, definitely on Toyos.
    Awesome!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Guys,
    Simple approach is to have everyone who wants run an alternate tire is to register as AIX and not engage with racing "true" CMC cars which are fully compliant to the class rules (running RR's or RA1's).
    However, please bear in mind that TX is one of the only regions that has a healthy CMC field and if all the car "disappear" to AIX, there might be an un-expected consequence on the national level as CMC entries around the nation is struggling.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...