Quote Originally Posted by Gerno View Post

2 Main Hoop/ Halo intersection. This car has what I believe is called a NASCAR plate design attaching the halo to the main hoop. I have worked with Will and confirmed the setup will be permitted to run in NASA per the CCR's because it is considered a mounting plate in which the tube terminates on. The issue is within CMC the car technically has too many mounting plates on the cage to be "legal" even though there is no real completive advantage. Would anyone within the community have issues with my car running in the CMC class as it is?? I'd love to fix the cage but basically it would have to be fully rebuilt and at this point I honest can't afford to do it, I've already spent way more than expected to get the car in condition to be on track

IMG_1076.jpg
Is the mounting plate at the top of the hoop welded to the interior sheet metal of the car? It's really hard to tell in the picture but it looks like there is just a little spot on the upper left corner of the tube that is connected. The fact a plate was used doesn't really matter for CMC. The issue would be attachment points to the car. If it is welded to the car, is it possible to get in there and cut the attachment to the sheet metal of the car without hurting the integrity of the joint? If it's not attached there and it passes tech otherwise, that part would be legal for CMC.

Richard P.