Newbie questions here. Looked over the rules and also tried to search the forums but couldn't find an answer.

I gutted the car I bought and am remounting everything in the car. I want to balance it out better but also don't want to break the rules. I see in the rules Battery boxes may be considered ballast. What would specifically determine if it is or isn't considered ballast? I'd prefer to mount it in the trunk area of the car if possible.

Same goes for the fire bottle and accusump. To balance the car better I would like them in the trunk. Is this permitted??

6.7 Ballast
Up to 150lbs of ballast is allowed, but no farther rearward than the plane of the front of the main hoop of the roll cage. Each ballast piece may not be taller than three inches or stacked higher than three inches. Ballast must be securely fastened and approved by NASA tech/safety officials. Battery boxes, cool suit mounts, and other added components made excessively heavy may be determined by NASA tech or CMC Officials to serve as ballast and therefore not allowed farther rearward than the plane of the front of the main hoop.