Quote Originally Posted by 64GunPilot View Post
Already have some kirkey race seats, but need to bolt them in. The seatbelts in my car are now expired (shouldnt matter for HPDE but need some for passenger/instructor). Shopping for seatbelts right now. What is the consensus on 5 point, 6 point, 7 point????...(have only ever used 5 points in the past). Once I am competition ready, I'll swap the new safety belts from the passenger side to the driver side to pass tech. Anyways. Any suggestions? Brands? About to start buying a few safety items (helmet, belts, rollbar padding for passenger).

Any suggestions you guys have for all the personal safety items: seatbelts, racesuit, helmet, gloves, shoes, combos, ect and your sources you like to buy from are all appreciated.
When do you plan to do your first event? HPDE right? Do you have to have current belts? Mine expire this year and I don't plan on racing after Hallett unless there is a schedule change and ECR is added.

For belts I like the Schroth 6 point but think it may be the higher priced one that below? I like the 6 point and also like the 2" belt for the HANS and then it goes to 3". 6 point is better for the nuts.

Agree with Jerry on getting a good light suit for Texas. I like to buy my stuff from people who support us or are at the track to help us. I originally bought all my stuff from PST at Cresson which is now G Speed and like Luis. Also buy from Winding Road since they show up to the track, provide good info. and service. Sometimes I'll contact Winding Road with what I need so they save it for me like a window net when it's needed or gloves, etc.