Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
When do you plan to do your first event? HPDE right? Do you have to have current belts? Mine expire this year and I don't plan on racing after Hallett unless there is a schedule change and ECR is added.

For belts I like the Schroth 6 point but think it may be the higher priced one that below? I like the 6 point and also like the 2" belt for the HANS and then it goes to 3". 6 point is better for the nuts.

Agree with Jerry on getting a good light suit for Texas. I like to buy my stuff from people who support us or are at the track to help us. I originally bought all my stuff from PST at Cresson which is now G Speed and like Luis. Also buy from Winding Road since they show up to the track, provide good info. and service. Sometimes I'll contact Winding Road with what I need so they save it for me like a window net when it's needed or gloves, etc.
1st event will be April 6-7th but I appreciate the offer. I found a guy selling some good condition expired 6pt Simpson belts for $35 on eBay. Good enough for HPDE for now. My wife really wants to HPDE in a Miata and I can recycle these belts along with my extra Kirkey seats.

Im gonna visit Winding Road in Austin later this year and try on some suits and maybe I can purchase a decent one.

Thanks