Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shopping for Seatbelts & Safety Items

Senior Member Rookie
    I had to buy new belts this year and switched to 2" also. Much better for sure.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 64GunPilot View Post
    Already have some kirkey race seats, but need to bolt them in. The seatbelts in my car are now expired (shouldnt matter for HPDE but need some for passenger/instructor). Shopping for seatbelts right now. What is the consensus on 5 point, 6 point, 7 point????...(have only ever used 5 points in the past). Once I am competition ready, I'll swap the new safety belts from the passenger side to the driver side to pass tech. Anyways. Any suggestions? Brands? About to start buying a few safety items (helmet, belts, rollbar padding for passenger).

Any suggestions you guys have for all the personal safety items: seatbelts, racesuit, helmet, gloves, shoes, combos, ect and your sources you like to buy from are all appreciated.
    When do you plan to do your first event? HPDE right? Do you have to have current belts? Mine expire this year and I don't plan on racing after Hallett unless there is a schedule change and ECR is added.

For belts I like the Schroth 6 point but think it may be the higher priced one that below? I like the 6 point and also like the 2" belt for the HANS and then it goes to 3". 6 point is better for the nuts.

Agree with Jerry on getting a good light suit for Texas. I like to buy my stuff from people who support us or are at the track to help us. I originally bought all my stuff from PST at Cresson which is now G Speed and like Luis. Also buy from Winding Road since they show up to the track, provide good info. and service. Sometimes I'll contact Winding Road with what I need so they save it for me like a window net when it's needed or gloves, etc.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Rookie 64GunPilot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    When do you plan to do your first event? HPDE right? Do you have to have current belts? Mine expire this year and I don't plan on racing after Hallett unless there is a schedule change and ECR is added.

For belts I like the Schroth 6 point but think it may be the higher priced one that below? I like the 6 point and also like the 2" belt for the HANS and then it goes to 3". 6 point is better for the nuts.

Agree with Jerry on getting a good light suit for Texas. I like to buy my stuff from people who support us or are at the track to help us. I originally bought all my stuff from PST at Cresson which is now G Speed and like Luis. Also buy from Winding Road since they show up to the track, provide good info. and service. Sometimes I'll contact Winding Road with what I need so they save it for me like a window net when it's needed or gloves, etc.
    1st event will be April 6-7th but I appreciate the offer. I found a guy selling some good condition expired 6pt Simpson belts for $35 on eBay. Good enough for HPDE for now. My wife really wants to HPDE in a Miata and I can recycle these belts along with my extra Kirkey seats.

Im gonna visit Winding Road in Austin later this year and try on some suits and maybe I can purchase a decent one.

Thanks
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________
    -Dylan
    3rd Gen CMC Wannabee

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    I've always run the 3" Schroth belts but understand the appeal of the shoulder belts that narrow at the HANS. I also think they have a great belt installation guide. If you need to move your lap belt mounting points to get the angle right, then considering doing so.

And definitely 6 pt belts.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Just made a purchase for these items. The belts are open box but good until the end of 2022. So thats good enough for me. I'll see if these RaceQuip are any good. The helmet had tons of great reviews. So we'll see. And the Stand21 HANS is lower in the price range. Maybe a little heavier than others. I figure these should work for a few years.

I wont skimp on racesuits and such. That'll be in next years budget.

s-l400.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

810aJQytsvL._SL1500_.jpg
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________
    -Dylan
    3rd Gen CMC Wannabee

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Helmet is all about fit... literally, put it on and sit and watch TV for 30 minutes. If there's a bad fit/pressure points you want to know before you're in the car.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    Helmet is all about fit... literally, put it on and sit and watch TV for 30 minutes. If there's a bad fit/pressure points you want to know before you're in the car.
    Edited for potentially offensive content:

Agreed. Thanks.
    Last edited by 64GunPilot; 03-11-2019 at 05:34 PM.
    -Dylan
    3rd Gen CMC Wannabee

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 64GunPilot View Post
    Edited for potentially offensive content:

Agreed. Thanks.
    I saw it. Tell us how you really feel.
    RM CMC Director

Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    I saw it. Tell us how you really feel.
    Yea.....well......I am in a kind-er, gentler Army, and even the world today is a kind-er gentler politically correct place. Can't say things like you youstacould.
    -Dylan
    3rd Gen CMC Wannabee

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Sure ya can. Not great for promotion, but it can be done.
    RM CMC Director