Thread: Thicker GM 7.5/7.625" C clips

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries

Thicker GM 7.5/7.625" C clips

Alright guys, I will have 16 to 20 (8-10 pairs) of .165" C clips in my possession later this month and can start distributing them. TCE Performance in Arizona is making them as they have for other applications in the past.

Who wants in?

I don't have a price yet but worst case somewhere around $40/pair, but hopefully less.

Just want to get the word out so those that want to take a crack and limiting pad knockback can plan to have them in their cars before COTA (or for other regions, their April events).

Late last season I replaced worn .150" clips with .155" and there was a huge difference, so going to .165" will be tremendous. I will plan to run these at COTA where I've always had knockback issues; expecting good results.

Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    Alright guys, I will have 16 to 20 (8-10 pairs) of .165" C clips in my possession later this month and can start distributing them. TCE Performance in Arizona is making them as they have for other applications in the past.

Who wants in?

I don't have a price yet but worst case somewhere around $40/pair, but hopefully less.

Just want to get the word out so those that want to take a crack and limiting pad knockback can plan to have them in their cars before COTA (or for other regions, their April events).

Late last season I replaced worn .150" clips with .155" and there was a huge difference, so going to .165" will be tremendous. I will plan to run these at COTA where I've always had knockback issues; expecting good results.
    I'll take a set.
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Despite having just rosette welded my axles, I'll try a pair too.
    RM CMC Director

Blog Entries
    I'm interested but without checking is it assumed that .165 won't be too big?
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    OIF will take/pay for a pair.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Blog Entries
    Alright I got them in, they came out to $42/pair. A touch higher than expected but the heat treating apparently cost the guy more than expected. Not making any $ off these.

Going to reach out and mail the clips out to each of you guys

I still have three pairs up for grabs
    Last edited by Pranav; 04-08-2019 at 09:28 AM.