Thread: For the LT1 crew...

Hybrid View

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    In chasing the issues on the 88 we've learned more than we wanted to. I'm tempted to try the LTCC to get the spark load out of the opti.

I guess i'm on the 'clean living' side of the LT1 river... never really had any issues. We think my old motor just needs rings and bearings and would good to go.

I also tend to agree with you on the torqhead approach, I just really don't like the price. If the curve looks the same - which I expect - I would be in the likely to not protest camp. Even if it won a lot of races. Might take some additional on-track data, but the little I read is the output should be the same.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    In chasing the issues on the 88 we've learned more than we wanted to. I'm tempted to try the LTCC to get the spark load out of the opti.

I guess i'm on the 'clean living' side of the LT1 river... never really had any issues. We think my old motor just needs rings and bearings and would good to go.

I also tend to agree with you on the torqhead approach, I just really don't like the price. If the curve looks the same - which I expect - I would be in the likely to not protest camp. Even if it won a lot of races. Might take some additional on-track data, but the little I read is the output should be the same.
    Theoretically regarding the fuel/timing curve, it's stock and therefore SHOULD be the same. The only possibility for a performance advantage would be spark energy from the coil arrangement so you MIGHT see a uniform gain across the entire curve which the LT1 cars are already addressing with restrictor plates. The curve would look the same. Not like you would be adjusting the timing every 200 rpm to manipulate the shape of the curve.
    Ah, fugg it.