Quote Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
After a session last night where I mounted/dismounted 25 race tires (limited because Josh couldn't fit more in his truck) team Redshift has come up with their testing plan for the race this weekend at Cresson. Dan is going to do Saturday practice on the test tires to get a feel for them and set tire pressures. Josh will do Saturday practice on his heat cycled tires to add another heat cycle and Sunday practice on my sticker tires to set tire pressures. Both qualifying sessions and R1 and R3 will be on Toyos in CMC. R2 and R4 will be on the test tires in AIX. R2 will have Josh on his heat cycled test tires. R4 will have Josh on my sticker test tires. Records (or anyone else) is welcome to join for R2 or R4 or both. The goal is not just lap times between old and new ties but to determine the relative performance between Josh and Dan.

As a small note to the test, Josh doesn't have enough CMC legal wheels to bring RR's, RA1's and two sets of test tires. All of the test tires for Josh's car will be on my AI wheels which are a couple of pounds light for CMC.

This plan is dependent on the weather playing nice. There is a front that will blow through at some point and get the place wet. Current timing on the front is Saturday morning? It's hard to tell what other rain might show up but at a minimum, it will be cooler Sunday afternoon. If it rains hard enough in any of the four races to need rain tires, all three Red Shift drivers will be in CMC on RA1s.

Richard P.
I'll have mine on CMC legal wheels. R4 will be an interesting mix of older, newer, and new tires. I like it