Quote Originally Posted by Suck fumes View Post
So if the push is for a less grippy tire for expense and wear and tear problems to grow the class.....There is going to come a point where the year model range for cars is going to have to expand. I mean the 2005 mustang is already 14yrs old! Younger new comers looking in are going to have a hell of a time finding a 20-30 yr old camaro or mustang that’s in decent enough shape to even build. Not to mention a 30 yr old car is not a very attractive incentive to want to build for a guy who wasn’t even born when those cars were around. I know that’s kind of off topic but if the reason to change tires is because cars are breaking then maybe there should be a much bigger rule change in the future if you want more growth. The point is to bring new people in not just to bring the older people back. Having both would be ideal but can’t please everyone.
We tried that years ago and decided the S197 had to run on 225mm tires and everyone bailed. I don't get why people think our cars are too old when we have Spec E30 and Spec Miata that thrive and all the hipsters seem to love those cars.