Michael-To borrow from another post your tire test didn't prove anything other than 10-15 HC RR's being slower (lol). Good info. But I would add to that your ability to tune a car around a tire that is falling off is impressive. I believe you would have a 23 if you had been on stickers. And again you are having handling issues on heat cycles that would be for your second event - a full weekend of racing is 8 sessions and you were on your 15th and won't see the track again. I don't buy that you aren't good at Cresson either as last year in the toyo races you had a 1st and 3rd.

The interest is in a tire that will cut tire budgets from $6-7k to under $2k for a season. That benefits most of the people who make most events and would increase car count for people who have cars sitting at home and potentially have people buy cars that are sitting.

The age of our cars is and isn't valid as Spec Miata is for 1990-2005. Spec E46 is a relatively new class for 2001-2006 cars so the newest available chassis is 13 years old. Some think it's growing like crazy but the costs of that class have gotten out of hand in my opinion so we will see if the class does the same as Spec Iron. I don't see a way to bring the newer cars into our class as that was already tried.

MP-where all these AIX cars that would populate the class? If so then wouldn't a popular class be a good problem? If 30 AIX lite cars were gridded at Nationals with the 2-3 AIX cars with 700 hp I don't think it would have mattered.

Of course one could stay in CMC with a different tire and "fun run".

I do understand those who most often win the contingencies (Jander, Mosty, Curtis, McSpadden) not wanting a change. Let's keep the discussion going and the information coming and Records point us to the thread you want everything moved to since you are gathering the data.