Quote Originally Posted by blk96gt View Post
10+ heat cycle toyo's were competitive with sticker toyos this weekend. This "tire test" didn't prove anything except that they're a slower tire.
True-the Falkens fastest lap were half a second slower than you were in R2 and R4 but I don't know if that was due to the tires or driving. What do you and Mosty's lap times look like compared to the winners on stickers other than being maybe a second slower but still competitive?

I wasn't aware you did a back to back test on the same car/driver/conditions/pressures being optimal? So not sure what your definition of "competitive" is but might guess they were as competitively slower compared to the Falken.

Clearly you have an issue with any consideration for a different tire and that's fine but you are in the minority as it appears everyone other than maybe the directors are interested in finding a better tire. I believe Sook is correct that sticker Toyo's decisively won the Toyo races and some of the traditional trophy girls on heat cycled RR's weren't competitive with the stickers.

Jerry-remember there is AIX which we can all run in and follow every rule of CMC other than the tire being a Falken. I doubt Will is going to turn down $5,000 in entry fees for every event from the second largest class in NASA TX.

Curious to see who all is interested in running Falkens the whole weekend at Hallett.