Thread: Tell me your opinion on this 3rd Gen

Senior Member Rookie 64GunPilot's Avatar

Tell me your opinion on this 3rd Gen

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ct...839314464.html

Thinking about buying a daily driver that will double as an HPDE car for my wife with tentative plans to add it to the CMC list of racecars as a husband/wife combo later down the line.

Seller agreed to throw in a T56 (condition unknown possibly a core) as part of the deal.

Thoughts?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________
    -Dylan
    3rd Gen CMC Wannabee

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by 64GunPilot View Post
    https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ct...839314464.html

Thinking about buying a daily driver that will double as an HPDE car for my wife with tentative plans to add it to the CMC list of racecars as a husband/wife combo later down the line.

Seller agreed to throw in a T56 (condition unknown possibly a core) as part of the deal.

Thoughts?
    If you can wait a little bit, we will be selling the car we have which is CMC ready to go sometime after our event we are running in early May. One of the most well built CMC cars in the country.
    Ah, fugg it.

Quote Originally Posted by AI#97 View Post
    If you can wait a little bit, we will be selling the car we have which is CMC ready to go sometime after our event we are running in early May. One of the most well built CMC cars in the country.
    Hmmm
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________
    -Dylan
    3rd Gen CMC Wannabee

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Two parts. One suggestion is waiting to buy a car after she has had some seat time and ridden in a car at race speed. Next is shaking your car out first and learning the ropes to see if thats the car and drivetrain you want. What I'm getting at is the cost of building it into a race car and specifically the cage will get pretty high and then you are likely going to look at an LS/6 speed swap.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    Two parts. One suggestion is waiting to buy a car after she has had some seat time and ridden in a car at race speed. Next is shaking your car out first and learning the ropes to see if thats the car and drivetrain you want. What I'm getting at is the cost of building it into a race car and specifically the cage will get pretty high and then you are likely going to look at an LS/6 speed swap.
    Yea. I know it does not EVER make sense to build when you can buy. I think Im gonna pass on this craigslist car for now. The seller isnt really cooperating. As for the racecar about to be forsale......jealous......and if it was next year, I'd be all over it.
    -Dylan
    3rd Gen CMC Wannabee