Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
Dude, that's how it goes. A little old CMC car is pretty capable...
I've found the same. The dollar per lap time ratio of CMC vs AI just isn't there. Like Patterson said, it's a financial cliff. I will say the higher the average speeds are for a given track, the greater the disparity vs a car with a superior platform, but for lower speed tracks it seems to be far more an equation of power/weight vs tire width. You're also forgetting to acknowledge the massive skill disparity in the n00b driving classes which massively outweighs any of the previously identified variables. I could probably hustle a POS Miata around most of the HPDE1/2 participants whilst hating the fart sound it eminates and exchanging its speedometer for a calendar. Even if you can't race this year, you'll realize why you NEED to knock out comp school ASAP. It will be a truly eye opening experience even without a comp license attending Hallett. Some HPDE types may attempt to impress upon you that learning only occurs there, however I assure you that it very much continues to occur upon becoming a racer.