Thread: First SCCA Event

Hybrid View

Awesome! Good work qualifying and finishing up front!

The SM field at COTA is tiny. I was talking to an SM racer the other day, seems like the group is pretty adamant against running NASA events after last year's fiasco.

- Josh
    CMC #50

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sook View Post
    Awesome! Good work qualifying and finishing up front!

The SM field at COTA is tiny. I was talking to an SM racer the other day, seems like the group is pretty adamant against running NASA events after last year's fiasco.

- Josh
    NASA may have been in a bad spot but the decisions that were made were hard to swallow. I think even the guys that got moved up because of the DQ's thought it was all wrong.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    I can see both sides of it, SCCA was in a similar situation years ago when the top 8 got DQ'd for some illegal headwork, not sure about the fallout from that. I find it ironic that SCCA came out right after and said what got folks DQ'd was legal in SCCA.
    One of the SCCA tech guys at this Hallett event was back and forth in communication with the guy on the NASA side during that whole thing, I wonder what kind of conversations they had.

It seems there are 2 groups of SM now, one that does SCCA and one that does NASA with a little overlap, the COTA event appears to be overpriced so I think that's just salt in the wound for the SM guys that may be on the fence.

This is a business after all, I wonder if NASA TX is going to transform into a DE program, if I was in Will's shoes I would be pushing hard to promote the racing but maybe that's not what is the most profitable.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    This is a business after all, I wonder if NASA TX is going to transform into a DE program, if I was in Will's shoes I would be pushing hard to promote the racing but maybe that's not what is the most profitable.
    DE's and trackdays are blowing up right now. I think that's good for club racing overall but the timing for racing is a little poor. We just have to be out there with race cars to get them hooked. I'll have a passenger seat in my car for COTA.

- Josh
    CMC #50

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    The NASA CO SM class is 30-40 strong Tyler, you should come up and take a crack here at some point.
    RM CMC Director

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    The NASA CO SM class is 30-40 strong Tyler, you should come up and take a crack here at some point.
    I think I can fit my Miata and my SxS in my trailer together, have a dirt and asphalt trip to CO, hrmmmmmm
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net