Quote Originally Posted by Trublu View Post

2: Tires
A: races are won in the shop and lost on the track. There’s a few that are complaining about tires being the woe of their racing aspirations but not spending much time learning how to make their car handle better such that whenever they hit the track they have their best foot forward. The guys up front are spending (loads) of time doing this and frankly thinking simply dropping on a fresh set of RRs fixes everything is pretty naive. On the flip side if you are interested I’d be glad to help in this area, as would most of the fast folks of CMC.

B: randomly changing tires, forsaking contingencies, with no solid data outside forum rants is simply shifting the problem and akin to kicking a can down the road. The deal NASA has with TOYO benifits CMC, why on earth would the group want to find a reason to lose that? Present solid data to NASA and TOYO to improve the tire and do more of point A
I have not heard a single person say they think all they need to do to be fast is purchase a new set of RR's every event but even if having new tires did not make you any faster when the guys at the front are showing up with a new set of $1200.00 tires at every event the other slower drivers (and possible new drivers) will look at that as part of the cost of racing.

I do not believe that NASA or Toyo cares about the RR heat cycle issue.

I know for sure that BL and I (and other mid pack slackers that are wanting a less expensive tire) do not spend near the time on the car that it takes to run upfront. I know we don't do DE's to get seat time. Getting a tire that does not heat cycle out is not going to put drivers like us at the front and we know that but it could save thousands of dollars per season and maybe get the cost down to attract new racers.

Jerry