Thread: Future of CMC: A wish list

Threaded View

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries

Future of CMC: A wish list

It's Monday, I'm sore as hell and just got done racing in a whopping 4 car (only 2 finished) field and a new set of Toyos that are toast after busting my ass all month to get the car ready, and have some thoughts

-Ours cars are getting old, falling apart, good parts/support are hard to find, and not everyone is going to run an LS 4th gen
    -Toyo RRs suck
    -Other classes are coming up and growing while we're having <7 driver events and getting crammed into other race groups; we're quickly becoming the lemons/chump of nasa with our unpresentable cars and constant complaining.

How about we bring back CMC2 and let the 5th gens and S197s run in it with a CMC type formula, on Nitto NT01s, and let us all transition to that over a few years?

In the meantime how about we:
    -Open up ignition control rules so 5.0 mustangs and LT1s can run coil near plug setups
    -Have a serious discussion about Nitto NT01s and floating that up the chain at NASA. The azenis test was cool and all, but with Nitto being a sister/subsidiary to Toyo and very much looking like its the original RA1 compound, I think we may have a better shot at switching to that rather than anything else

For me, hopefully after this season I will finally have finished my build list I started in 2012; could mean I can enjoy just driving/maintaining the car or sell it while the car is at it's peak.
    Last edited by Pranav; 05-06-2019 at 11:01 AM.