Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Future of CMC: A wish list

Quote Originally Posted by drecords View Post
    Here's a wild idea...what if we picked an event and asked will to include it in the event advertisement where we charged some $$ value for a ride in a CMC car that would get donated to a not for profit charity? Probably would be fun for wives/kids/crewmembers to see a track at speed and do some good as well as get folks interested in the series.
    Kids can be tricky, I think because of liabilities n w/e. Parade laps are another cool thing, then you can let wives/kids/crewmembers take the car for a very slow lap or two.
    CMC #50

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sook View Post
    Kids can be tricky, I think because of liabilities n w/e. Parade laps are another cool thing, then you can let wives/kids/crewmembers take the car for a very slow lap or two.
    Edited...that post may or may not have been made after being overserved at the hotel bar last night.
    Daniel Records
    CMC # 34

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Jay took my wife for a ride in his Mach 1 back 10 years ago during a Driver's Edge event at MSRC. You could not get her back in a race car for six figures. She has zero need for speed. She was sick for hours.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Some of ya'll getting involved in Comp School and being the racers/mentors for the newbs is a good way to latch onto the TT guys and HPDE4 crew looking for ideas on what to buy and where to go next.

I won't be able to make it to hallett but hopefully my points can start some discussion and help the group grow. Ya'll be safe and have fun.
    Ah, fugg it.