Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Future of CMC: A wish list

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    I also legimately predict at least one of us is going to lose a car at TMS this year.
    AFAIK the spec tire classes as NASA use Toyos. Non-spec tire classes sometimes have multiple tire contingencies available.

- Josh
    CMC #50

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't think the cars are too old but the tire issue sucks and is part of what is killing our class (IMHO). Losing TWS has done more to hurt our class than all the shitty tires in the world. Going from racing a very fun track for $300.00-$350.00 entry fee two times per year to running one track one time for $1200.00 you are going to lose racers in a what is supposed to be a low cost class. We need ECR back on line for one or maybe even two races per year.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    I know few pay attention to what I type. But again - NASA has several classes with tire sponsors paying contingencies other than Toyo. In AIX/ST they have several tire sponsors but Maxis isn't one of them. Reminder in AIX you can run whatever tire you want. I actually thought Sook would be one who reads the posts since he was deep into testing the Falkens, too.

Jerry is right. TWS hurt and COTA at $1,200 isn't for our class (though all classes were pretty down). The tires are really hurting our class! ECR would be a big help.

NASA just emailed a survey which starts off asking about TIRES! And just for Kevin Jander I ranked the lowest lap time at the bottom of the order.

Pranav-anyone at COTA running old tires?
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Blog Entries
    I don't think the cars are too old either. Look at Miata and Spec E30 then the new class Spec E46 has the same year of cars as my Camaro.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This is my 11th year racing CMC splitting driving time with Jay. Last year and this year are the first times I have ever heard CMC drivers talking about running a different class. I know of four drivers thinking about running a different class. This is not good.

JJ

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Well Maxxis doesn't appear to have a contingency this year. Oh well.

Blog Entries
    Whatever the causes (COTA being $$$, tires, cars breaking or not breaking) I just want my mid pack slackers back.

During race 3 John martin got past me in turn 1 and it became a 30 minute DE session for me because everyone else was gone and it was just me and my thoughts.

If I gotta start carrying mustang spares to get bigger fields again I'll make something work.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Blog Entries
    Idk if its time to hit the panic button yet. There is another fox under construction currently that should be racing next year. Then we have Mike and GunPilot who are looking like they'll be joining the race group soon. SE46 had 4 cars this weekend, CMC started the weekend with 5. Spec Vette was the surprise of the weekend car count wise but mostly due to the fact that their entire national car count showed up.
    Daniel Records
    CMC # 34

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    We gained 5 rookies in less than a year here in RM. Local management took a different approach and it seems to be favoring the race groups. Having another CMC class is not the answer, then you'll just split your car counts between 1 and 2. The newer cars aren't near as dirt cheap as these cars, and as previously pointed out Spec E30 and Spec Miata don't seem to have any trouble attracting people. I think the trouble we face is convincing people to try and take a corner in these buckets or like Bob Denton pointed out downgrading from a newer, faster car you've been DEing in. Dollar per lap time our 260whp stick axle dinosaurs do hustle pretty damn well.
    RM CMC Director

Senior Member Rookie
    1 cota race= 2.5 msrc, msrh, races. Simple economics for me.

I wonder what TMS will cost?