Thread: 2019 Post Race tech report

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar

2019 Post Race tech report

Just wanted to give everyone a clear insight into the Tech inspections / results from the 2019 events. As always, if there are any suggestions of items you want inspected on any platform, please let me know and I will add it to the inspection list.

Cresson - March 2019

Race 1 - No Contact
    Tech inspected restrictor plate size. All passed. (Bryan Curtis, Josh Sooknanan, Dan Allford, Kevin Jander)
    We did clarify the plate does need to be a measurable exact circle with size noted on the dyno sheet.

Race 2 - Contact with Jander front / Curtis rear, no deviation in position.
    Tech inspected track width. John Martin, Aaron McSpadden, Michael Mosty, and Bryan Curtis all passed but two individuals were at the absolute max width. Just a reminder than an extra 1/16" would have been a DQ so please double-check your width.

Race 3 - Contact with McCormich LF / Patterson RR. Both had some damage, deemed a racing incident.
    Tech inspected for a stock flywheel. All passed. (Aaron McSpadden, John Martin, Josh Sooknanan, and Michael Mosty)

Race 4 - No tech and no contact that I am aware of.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

COTA - May 2019

No body contact.
    No tech inspections other than weighing.
    All cars weighed after Saturday qual, no issues.

The only issue for the weekend was a DQ for me after Race 2 for being 9 lbs under weight. I lost the majority of my exhaust with a lap and a half to go that unfortunately put me under.
    The exhaust came loose at both band clamps under my transmission. Both clamps were still completely tight so I think it was an issue of the band clamps expanding over the years of heat combined with the harsh vibrations of the COTA curbs that caused it to come loose. The band clamps will now become a more regular replacement part on the car. I also always check all exhaust bolts after each event and will now change that to be checked after each day of racing.
    Last edited by michaelmosty; 05-13-2019 at 12:10 PM.
    -Michael Mosty
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    Just wanted to give everyone a clear insight into the Tech inspections / results from the 2019 events. As always, if there are any suggestions of items you want inspected on any platform, please let me know and I will add it to the inspection list.

Cresson - March 2019

Race 1 - No Contact
    Tech inspected restrictor plate size. All passed. (Bryan Curtis, Josh Sooknanan, Dan Allford, Kevin Jander)
    We did clarify the plate does need to be a measurable exact circle with size noted on the dyno sheet.

Race 2 - Contact with Jander front / Curtis rear, no deviation in position.
    Tech inspected track width. John Martin, Aaron McSpadden, Michael Mosty, and Bryan Curtis all passed but two individuals were at the absolute max width. Just a reminder than an extra 1/16" would have been a DQ so please double-check your width.

Race 3 - Contact with McCormich LF / Patterson RR. Both had some damage, deemed a racing incident.
    Tech inspected for a stock flywheel. All passed. (Aaron McSpadden, John Martin, Josh Sooknanan, and Michael Mosty)

Race 4 - No tech and no contact that I am aware of.
    Out of curiosity -- with the trans installed on the car how did you guys check the flywheel?
    Daniel Records
    CMC # 34

On most of the cars we pulled the starter and on one of the cars there was an access hole at the bottom of the bellhousing where we could get a telescoping magnet in to the flywheel.
    -Michael Mosty
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    I think this is great, thx for posting Michael!
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Nice work
    Good to for folks to have insights into the tech activity.
    Al Fernandez