Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hallett pics/videos

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    Nope, just ran out of talent
    Having driven both, are the Fords that much less forgiving? I've had my turd Formula D sideways shooting a roost without a care in the world but from my observations the Fords are a bit sketchier when sideways?
    RM CMC Director

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    In that situation I had cables caught up in my feet and I have a bad track record of mistakes when distracted.
    Id say the fords are less forgiving, the first time I drove a 4th gen I was surprised at how forgiving it was.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    In that situation I had cables caught up in my feet and I have a bad track record of mistakes when distracted.
    Id say the fords are less forgiving, the first time I drove a 4th gen I was surprised at how forgiving it was.
    It's all in the car setup and what shocks you have. The mustang can be more frustrating with the stock quadralink while the F-body can be a PITA with bad shocks. good shocks and playing with springs on the F-body scores BIG gains but I think the mustang is better on the brakes....and that is the ONLY advantage I haven't worked out yet on the F-body within CMC rules.
    Ah, fugg it.

Quote Originally Posted by AI#97 View Post
    It's all in the car setup and what shocks you have. The mustang can be more frustrating with the stock quadralink while the F-body can be a PITA with bad shocks. good shocks and playing with springs on the F-body scores BIG gains but I think the mustang is better on the brakes....and that is the ONLY advantage I haven't worked out yet on the F-body within CMC rules.
    Well regardless, the Fords definitely work in TX. They seem to do pretty well on the east coast too. This is where the whole amateur racer spread of skill comes into play, I guarantee if Bryan's motor hadn't gone low on oil pressure he'd have been on the podium. Check out how nats went last year too, the big variable there was an out of class douche in a BMW racing himself while fast racers who'd gotten DQ'd were trying to reel back in. Based on how COTA went, I observed no dominant platform (IMHO). There were too many variables in that race to truly decide if one platform had an advantage over another, but that was at a very unusual track for CMC from what I could see. If we rewind to Hallett last year, Bryan did complain of his car fading late in the race, though I suspect Mosty's was too. It's hot as balls down there and driving style also plays a huge role as does the personality of the loose nut behind the wheel. I know by the time I'd cleared Al and Dan my car was friggin done, even the clutch started slipping in the final after John Martin had made his move that I somehow managed to hold off.
    RM CMC Director

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    Well regardless, the Fords definitely work in TX. They seem to do pretty well on the east coast too. This is where the whole amateur racer spread of skill comes into play, I guarantee if Bryan's motor hadn't gone low on oil pressure he'd have been on the podium. Check out how nats went last year too, the big variable there was an out of class douche in a BMW racing himself while fast racers who'd gotten DQ'd were trying to reel back in. Based on how COTA went, I observed no dominant platform (IMHO). There were too many variables in that race to truly decide if one platform had an advantage over another, but that was at a very unusual track for CMC from what I could see. If we rewind to Hallett last year, Bryan did complain of his car fading late in the race, though I suspect Mosty's was too. It's hot as balls down there and driving style also plays a huge role as does the personality of the loose nut behind the wheel. I know by the time I'd cleared Al and Dan my car was friggin done, even the clutch started slipping in the final after John Martin had made his move that I somehow managed to hold off.
    My car picked up a wicked push at about 25mins that really slowed me down. Idk if I missed tire pressure or something else was going on, pressures we're decent post race but it just wouldn't turn in anymore. But it didn't turn off for the whole race which I'll put in the Win column.
    Daniel Records
    CMC # 34

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drecords View Post
    My car picked up a wicked push at about 25mins that really slowed me down. Idk if I missed tire pressure or something else was going on, pressures we're decent post race but it just wouldn't turn in anymore.
    Something changed. It could be something on the car (knocked toe or slipped camber, etc.) but more than likely the push was there a bit all weekend and you just fried the fronts to cause an imbalance with the rears. See if there is a difference in tread depth front to rear. We've had it happen on the Orange car. That's why I'm so aggressive with changing car setup early in the weekend to suit the track conditions. Fresh tires fix all...

Richard P.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
    Something changed. It could be something on the car (knocked toe or slipped camber, etc.) but more than likely the push was there a bit all weekend and you just fried the fronts to cause an imbalance with the rears. See if there is a difference in tread depth front to rear. We've had it happen on the Orange car. That's why I'm so aggressive with changing car setup early in the weekend to suit the track conditions. Fresh tires fix all...

Richard P.
    You're right, just have to get a look at it and figure out what it was. Toe weekend to weekend is never consistent... probably time to change the tie rods....
    Last edited by drecords; 06-25-2019 at 11:06 AM.
    Daniel Records
    CMC # 34

Quote Originally Posted by drecords View Post
    You're right, just have to get a look at it and figure out what it was. Toe weekend to weekend is never consistent... probably time to change the tie rods....
    Is camber and caster consistent? If so, you're onto something. If not, look to the tie rods. As said before, my car was hot garbage but held on just long enough which wasn't long after I got around you. In my experience, when my car develops a control issue part way through the race, generally so does everyone else's unless they're on stickers and I'm on garbage. I showed up with 3 HC tires Thursday, practiced Friday, and raced all weekend on them. I had stickers in the trailer, but didn't mount them. Based on how my race went on Sunday, I don't think mounting stickers would have changed anything. If the stickers stood a chance, I would have had to have held off you and dealt with Al very swiftly to keep up with the front-most pack. Because racing is more about lap times, this is not what happened and is what drives how we develop ourselves as racers. I really do wish I had more Bryans, Mostys, Sooks, and Janders here in CO because I could come to TX far more comprehensively prepared for what truly makes a person finish out front.
    RM CMC Director

Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    Keep in mind the 4th gens that routinely challenged and beat the mustangs aren't actively racing any longer in Texas. I'd like to change that sometime in the next year but other priorities are keeping me away from bringing Glenn's old car out and hopefully making a few of the guys at the front at least break a sweat. I would need a few weekends of testing in CMC trim (mostly brake package and weight changes) to get to know the RR and I just have not had the time. One thing about the car setup right now is it only fades in HOUR 5 to 6 of 8... 45 minutes should be a breeze.
    Ah, fugg it.

Quote Originally Posted by AI#97 View Post
    Keep in mind the 4th gens that routinely challenged and beat the mustangs aren't actively racing any longer in Texas. I'd like to change that sometime in the next year but other priorities are keeping me away from bringing Glenn's old car out and hopefully making a few of the guys at the front at least break a sweat. I would need a few weekends of testing in CMC trim (mostly brake package and weight changes) to get to know the RR and I just have not had the time. One thing about the car setup right now is it only fades in HOUR 5 to 6 of 8... 45 minutes should be a breeze.
    Yeah, I WANTED a spot on the podium myself this year and came up short on the racer side of the house. Can't guarantee an improvement on that next season, but I can guarantee efforts on said improvement on my racing program between now and then. We shall see how that shakes out and long live the LT1! To Hell with the cheater Fords!
    RM CMC Director