Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41

Thread: Hallett pics/videos

  1. #31
    Senior Member Carroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,671
    Something I started doing this year after the Cresson event was make track notes for an entire lap with all details of brake markers, turn in, track out, gear selection, track placement, etc. About 1/2 way through the Cresson event I realized I was doing Ricochet totally wrong and with notes I can start next year where I left off this year. I also thought through some places where I will try some different gear selections at next years event.

    Also good to do the same thing Saturday night to better prep the Sunday sessions.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

  2. #32
    Senior Member Grass-Passer Supercharged111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    968
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    Something I started doing this year after the Cresson event was make track notes for an entire lap with all details of brake markers, turn in, track out, gear selection, track placement, etc. About 1/2 way through the Cresson event I realized I was doing Ricochet totally wrong and with notes I can start next year where I left off this year. I also thought through some places where I will try some different gear selections at next years event.

    Also good to do the same thing Saturday night to better prep the Sunday sessions.
    I do the same in lieu of data. Pretty sure I figured out what you're doing in T1.
    RM CMC Director

  3. #33
    Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    989
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    Pretty sure I figured out what you're doing in T1.
    Goin fast, real real fast!
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

  4. #34
    Senior Member Grass-Passer Supercharged111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    968
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    Goin fast, real real fast!
    Didn't say I'd be able to replicate it.
    RM CMC Director

  5. #35
    Sorry for the super late video post, finally got the onboard video up!

    Here's the whole race:


    Here's the clip that everyone cares about!
    https://youtu.be/w19Dq7dHNcY?t=2006

    - Josh
    CMC #50

  6. #36
    Senior Member Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Haltom City
    Posts
    212
    Thanks for posting Josh.
    Last edited by centerville; 07-02-2019 at 03:15 PM.

  7. #37
    Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Pearland, TX
    Posts
    3,100
    Nice driving guys.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

  8. #38
    Senior Member Grass-Passer Supercharged111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    968
    Quote Originally Posted by Sook View Post
    Sorry for the super late video post, finally got the onboard video up!

    Here's the whole race:


    Here's the clip that everyone cares about!
    https://youtu.be/w19Dq7dHNcY?t=2006

    - Josh
    Well I don't feel alone now that I see someone else missed a gear on the last lap and got passed.
    RM CMC Director

  9. #39
    Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Posts
    3,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    Well I don't feel alone now that I see someone else missed a gear on the last lap and got passed.
    It wasn’t a missed shift. Michael’s car will bog/gurgle on its 2/3 shifts sometimes...
    We still don’t know why.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)

  10. #40
    Senior Member Grass-Passer Supercharged111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    968
    Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty View Post
    It wasn’t a missed shift. Michael’s car will bog/gurgle on its 2/3 shifts sometimes...
    We still don’t know why.
    My car would hiccup on right handers, did it for years. Was the damn Memcal chip wiggling out. Records' car had a shitty TFI connector, Perry had a bad coil connector. Never ever does it on the 1-2?
    RM CMC Director

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •