Thread: G2 Motorsports Park

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar

G2 Motorsports Park

Lou Gigliotti is working on a new racetrack North of Dallas in Westminster, Tx. He sold his business to work this. Supposed to be a nice, membership track ready to run maybe next summer? I certainly wish him luck in his new endeavor...

Richard P.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
    Lou Gigliotti is working on a new racetrack North of Dallas in Westminster, Tx. He sold his business to work this. Supposed to be a nice, membership track ready to run maybe next summer? I certainly wish him luck in his new endeavor...

Richard P.
    I wish him nothing but success because more racetracks is always better than less. Just curious if the market is there with MSR-C, ECR, Harris Hill Road, and MSR-H being in Texas as membership tracks. Not to mention COTA also being a popular option for folks to go to. I looked into an MSR-H membership and it wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be, however if you take that money and apply it to doing events at diff tracks it goes really far.
    Daniel Records
    CMC # 34

Senior Member Rookie
    He has had this for years now. He is really gearing it to high end users. I went to the grand opening car show with PCA a couple years ago or maybe it was last year. I hope it all works out for him. The final plans are awesome looking.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    you DFW guys have it nice:

MSRC, Eagle's Canyon, TMS, G2

We are lucky to even get MSRH once on our calendar and have COTA and NOLA as our non DFW options.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    you DFW guys have it nice:

MSRC, Eagle's Canyon, TMS, G2

We are lucky to even get MSRH once on our calendar and have COTA and NOLA as our non DFW options.
    You are assuming G2 is even going to be an option for anyone not a member. ECR hasn't been an option for years. TMS stinks for a road course and any race in August in Texas stinks. You guys have had two at Houston/TWS for years. Cota-it's over.
    I do feel for you guys on that Hallett trip but at least it's worth it!
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I read months ago that Lou was not going to allow any racing at his new track. Of course MSRC was not going to either.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    I read months ago that Lou was not going to allow any racing at his new track. Of course MSRC was not going to either.

JJ
    This.. he has said it a few times that he didn't intend to have any racing on the track. I am surprised he has sold LG though... I haven't seen him post it or say anything about it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay View Post
    I am surprised he has sold LG though... I haven't seen him post it or say anything about it.
    He sold it to one of his employees. The shop is on the grounds of the racetrack so it's not like he's going far...

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ownership.html

Richard P.